cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

88W8987 WiFi RTT

aleix
Contributor I

Hi there,

We're in the process of integrating a WiFi module based on the 88W8987 (U-Blox Jody W2), and have a couple of doubts on how to move forward with the integration:

1. How to interact with the driver package (SD-WLAN-UART-BT-8987-U16-MMC-W16.87.10.p46-16.26.10.p46-C4X16656)  to initiate FTM requests to an FTM compliant AP and also how to respond to FTM requests initiated by other devices.

2. The driver package is provided as a bitbake layer (so far it's properly placed on our build), one thing that we're unsure is how to tell the driver the interface(s) that it must use to communicate with the module. Is there any example we can refer to in order to try it ourselves?

We tried contacting U-Blox support and were told to ask directly on the NXP forums. A little guidance on these two points would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Aleix.

Labels (1)
  • RF

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

mlheese
Contributor I

Where did you find the bitbake recipes?

0 Kudos

kowinei
Contributor I

Were you able to use the positioning protocol using the 88W8987? How?

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Are you trying to interface your module with an i.MX RT device? If that is the case  we have some material that enables some other modules for the  RT

https://www.nxp.com/document/guide/getting-started-with-nxp-wi-fi-modules-using-i-mx-rt-platform:GS-...

Still, currently that is all the material we have available for the RT devices.

Regards,
Estephania

0 Kudos

aleix
Contributor I

Hi Estephania,

Thanks for your reply. Perhaps my question was not clear enough. We are trying to interface such module to a TI am335x SoC, however my question was related to the functionality of the WiFi chipset itself (88W8987) and the driver package provided to us .

This SoC (at least as per what the datasheet says "Wi-Fi indoor location positioning (802.11mc)") supports WiFi based ranging (aka FTM or WiFi-RTT). 

We have been given the above mentioned driver pack, and we're wondering how to perform such WiFi ranging measurements using the tools/drivers provided in the driver package.

Best regards and happy new year!

0 Kudos