cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

56F8367 Downloading then "Core Not Responding"

Jump to solution
Charlie
Contributor III
I have with me the 56F8367 eval board and our actual board with the same chip on it.

We have created our own little homemade parallel to JTAG converter cable to debug the chip on the board, but considering we have tried the cable on the JTAG connector on the eval board and it works, I doubt the cable is the problem.

We have checked GNDs, Vcc, and have even watched all of the JTAG signals to see if anything is happening.  We have messed around with a bunch of jumper settings but at this point we are struggling to find the answer.

The weird thing is that when we start to download, it appears to connect okay and the downloading progress bar message box appears in codewarrior for 1 tick and then immediately the message box "Core Not Responding" pops up.

I thought I would check here for any help before I issued a ticket.  Thanks to all.
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Charlie
Contributor III
This problem has been solved.  The problem was that we had a bad pull-up resistor on the TDO line and so the data going back to codewarrior didn't look right.  Fixed the pull up resistor and everything works fine.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Charlie
Contributor III
This problem has been solved.  The problem was that we had a bad pull-up resistor on the TDO line and so the data going back to codewarrior didn't look right.  Fixed the pull up resistor and everything works fine.
0 Kudos