cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usbdm is busy

felipepaulo
Contributor I

HI,

i have a usbdm and i want programming a MC9RSKA1. My software is ok, but the flash programming is in trouble. All the time show this message when i will programming the uC.

"programming of the target flash Failed: Reason: BDM is busy"

I using the usbdm flash programmer, version 4.10.5 and my hardware is USBDM-(JMxxCLD).

How fix this problem?

0 Kudos
4 Replies

felipepaulo
Contributor I

Now the problem that shows is "Target BKGD pin timeout"

0 Kudos

pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Felipe,

I tried out a USBDM_JM60 V1.6 board with a MC9RS08KA1 and it programmed and verified fine with USBDM 4.10.5 and after updating the firmware.

Have you used the programmer on any other chips to confirm if it operates at all?

Could you check the following:

• Compare your hardware to the schematic provided with the USBDM installation (FlashImages/JMxx/USBDM_JMxxCLD.pdf) and confirm that I am checking the correct hardware.
  • Update the firmware in the BDM to the current version (use USBDM Firmware Updater)
  • If you have access to an oscilloscope you can check that the BKGD pin is cycling when trying to connect.  The error message you are getting indicates that is not rising or falling when expected.  Do this without the target connected.
  • See if you get a different message with the target disconnected

You can also try the tips under testing on this page:

USBDM: Tips for USBDM

That's about all I can suggest at the moment.

bye

0 Kudos

felipepaulo
Contributor I

I need to forcing the watchdog reset, do not know why, but it works just as well.

0 Kudos

pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Felipe,

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean by "I need to forcing the watchdog reset".  Are you talking about the program that you are writing to the Flash or is this something to do with the programmer?

The programmer attempts to disable the COP as part of the chip initialisation.  It may have problems connecting if the target already has invalid code that causes a COP or illegal instruction error but it usually copes well.

bye

0 Kudos