cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why my USBDM fail to work?

Jump to solution
tomgd
Contributor I

first i feel very sorry for poor english!

I made a usbdm for USBDM_JM V1.6(PCB Versions)

my compurter can detection USB,but it can not to work for connect to target.

can help me? thanks a lot.

my USBDM information is:

hardware:USBDM_JMxxCLD (USBDM_JM V1.6)

software:USBDM_JMxx_V2_Snapshot_09_10_26

USBDM_Flash_Images:USBDM_JMxxCLC.s19

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Tom,

You said you made a USBDM.  How did you program it?

You should be able to program the firmware from the current version in the same way.  You made need to rename the firmware file from USBDM_JMxxCLD_V4.sx to USBDM_JMxxCLD_V4.s19.  It is in the BDM Flash Images folder available from the USBDM menu after installation.

Don't try to modify or build the firmware - it won't work to mix bits of different versions.  You can get the source for a more up to date firmware version from:

podonoghue/usbdm-firmware · GitHub

The USBDM TCL Interpreter is available from the USBDM software when installed.  Download from:

USBDM - Browse /Version 4.10.5/Software at SourceForge.net

bye

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Tom,

That particular USBDM is quite a complicated board so it's hard to suggest where to start.

Firstly - Try using the current version of the software.  It should work with this hardware.

You can then use the USBDM TCL Interpreter to check the various outputs which should help you track down where the problem is.

You can see Testing the BDM hardware on this page for some hints:

USBDM: Tips for USBDM

bye

0 Kudos
tomgd
Contributor I

HI pgo,

I can not  see USBDM:Tips for USBDM,and i can not fined the USBDM TCL for current version.

the mean of current version is software:USBDM_JMxx_V2_Snapshot_09_10_26?

I download a new version USBDM_4_10_5 ,but the firmware files can not  loaded to the hardware.

can you send some USBDM nstallation guide for me ?

thanks a lot

0 Kudos
tomgd
Contributor I

HI pgo

Whether to need to add  USBDM_API.c and USBDM_API.h  to the source of USBDM_JMxx_V2?

0 Kudos
pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Tom,

You said you made a USBDM.  How did you program it?

You should be able to program the firmware from the current version in the same way.  You made need to rename the firmware file from USBDM_JMxxCLD_V4.sx to USBDM_JMxxCLD_V4.s19.  It is in the BDM Flash Images folder available from the USBDM menu after installation.

Don't try to modify or build the firmware - it won't work to mix bits of different versions.  You can get the source for a more up to date firmware version from:

podonoghue/usbdm-firmware · GitHub

The USBDM TCL Interpreter is available from the USBDM software when installed.  Download from:

USBDM - Browse /Version 4.10.5/Software at SourceForge.net

bye

0 Kudos
tomgd
Contributor I

hi

pgo

thanks.the usbdm can useing now.but the usbdm  download  code to 08ac16 always prompt:error while writing to c200-c400.and with for 08aw16 not this problem.

0 Kudos
tomgd
Contributor I

hi

pgo

The issue has been resolved.thanks

0 Kudos