What is the maximum frenqency of OSBDM ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the maximum frenqency of OSBDM ?

Fan_xy
Contributor III

Hello

In CW10.6, I can't debug the S12ZVMC12EVB if I change the Internal bus clock at 30MHz or 50MHz in the CPU software component. I use the following connection : "USB1:Embedded S12Z OSBDM/OSJTAG Device". But if I keep the internal bus clock as default at 6.25MHz, I can debug the application.

Probably, I think the frequency of the "Embedded S12Z OSBDM/OSJTAG device" is limited.

Could you cofirm if I'm in right way ?

What is the maximum frequency of using the "Embedded S12Z OSBDM/OSJTAG device " ?

And when i configure the "Internal bus clock" to ""26MHZ" , it can work well .

while more than it , it can not debug, when debug ,it show like this :

pastedImage_0.png

Thank !

0 Kudos
4 Replies

pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi fan,

An alternative to buying another programmer you could try changing to USBDM.  There is a firmware version that works with the OSBDM hardware similar to that on the board you are using.

I have upgraded the firmware on a smaller S12ZVML-MINIBRD to USBDM and it was able to operate with a bus frequency of 50MHz using Processor Expert.

The only gotcha is that you need a HCS08 programmer to change the firmware on the board :smileyhappy:.

You could also use an external USBDM - they are somewhat cheaper that the commercial alternatives.

bye

0 Kudos

manishsangram
Contributor IV

Hi pgo

We are using the S12Z MCU and we would like to use the USBDM to program it via the BDM. None of the commercial or open source USBDM seem to support S12Z in their specifications. Can you help with what options are available to me as far as USBDM is concerned? I have already ordered a USBDM device for testing but I am really not sure if it will work with S12Z devices. 

Manish

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I recieved feedback from P&E.

See below:

+++++++++++++++++++++++

OSBDM interface supports run control debug with devices operating at bus frequencies between 500khz and 24Mhz.

Hence, it will not be able to support talking to a device operating at 30Mhz bus frequency.

For debugging device operating at higher bus frequency rates, we recommend looking into using P&E's USB Universal Multilink hardware interface:

http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=15320137&menu_id=details

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Pascal

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
0 Kudos