显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

Upgrade OSBDM to support RS08

15,238 次查看
joerg
Contributor II
Hi Rocky
If you want i could do the layout for the RS08 support. If you send me the schematics i will enhance the EAGLE layout (for the light version) and the community could use it.

Saluti Joerg

PS:
The layout for the recent version can be found at Systech J.Schnyder GmbH -> HC(S)-System -> programmer (description with schematics and files for EAGLE (schematics and board), also the files for the LPKF milling machine)

Message Edited by Alban on 2006-12-12 09:53 PM

标记 (2)
0 项奖励
49 回复数

417 次查看
joerg
Contributor II
Hi Jarin
i do not think you are disbelieving or so. It is better to ask again to clear the thing, especially because English is not my mother language and so my responds are sometimes not very clear.

Saluti Joerg
0 项奖励

417 次查看
joerg
Contributor II
Hi
and i will only confirm that the OSBDM+(E) works just fine with GB32 and GB60 devices, since i have recently done my command converter for the LPKF milling machine with them. Jarin you can be sure it worked fine every time i had to debug my program and i believe me i had do do it more than one time.

Saluti Joerg
0 项奖励

417 次查看
joerg
Contributor II
HI there

The PCB is ready! The VPP converter runs (Attention R403 has a value of 560 Ohm; i forgot to change it). No i need the FIRMWARE!!!! (-> Mike please). I have updated all the files for both versions. Sorry the PCB for the "Easy" version is not produced until now. As soon as my LPKF command converter is ready i will mill it.

Saluti Joerg
0 项奖励

417 次查看
joerg
Contributor II
Sorry it is R402 and not R403 with the 560 Ohm instead of the 33kOhm value!

Joerg
0 项奖励

417 次查看
joerg
Contributor II
A short info!
The OSBDM08+ works fine with a GB32 and a AW16 (3.3V and 5V) using the firmware found in
'Support for OSBDM Incorporated into CodeWarrior' (top at this topic).
As soon as i have milled my RS08KA2 board and the OSBDM08+E i will report it.

Saluti Joerg
0 项奖励

418 次查看
RockyRoad
Contributor III
Hi Mac and Peg -

Mac, I'll show my age also and share your gripe about the multi-page schematics. After sorting my way through our demo/eval schematics and customer, I agree with everything you said about having to find all the instances of a signal on multiple pages. I'm guilty though of going with the flow on these.

Following Mac's numbering...

1-4: Peg has already has the right answers for these. We did hack the TBDML and what eventually became the EValue8 board. We used the TBDML I/O structure to be able to use Daniel's firmware to start and adapted the proto-EValue8's I/O circuitry. The TBDML used HC(T)126 for level shifters and it dictated the separate BDM_IN and BDM_OUT pins. With the LCT1T45 part, we ended up with a common in/out signal. The timer in is doing the timing of the SYNC pulse.

I missed taking off the RSTxxx labels when we dropped the reset control. As Peg says, we can't reset all the parts, so we just dropped it altogether. It saves some parts including one of the notorious LCT1T45's.

5. You're getting a peek at the RS08 roadmap. There is another NVM technology that we are considering using for future derivatives that has 6.7V as the Vpp voltage.

6. Mac, good input on the way to turn off the converter, however, I think the current firmware just leaves it on. You do have to adjust it to 12V with the trim pot.

7. I'm guilty again of just going along with the design that we took the MON08 connections from and never changing it. I'm glad to see that Joerg has corrected this and lets the tool control the mode. The MON08 was really only there for our development and debugging. I've considered dropping it from the final board since, as Peg pointed out, we have ICP via USB available. And it does complicate the pc board layout. Also note that with a Cyclone, I've had to set it for MCU self-clocked and not try to drive the clock from the Cyclone.

8. As I've said someplace else, we stuck with the LCT1T45 because it was there in the proto-EValue8 design and it was the only level shifter that I've found that by spec covers the 1.8V to 5.5V range. I've never liked the small form factor. As for availability, DigiKey carries it in single quantities (as does apparently Farnell). In fact, small quantity availablity from DigiKey was one of the design constraints.

Thanks everyone for the comments,
- Mike (aka Rocky)

Message Edited by Alban on 2006-12-12 10:04 PM

0 项奖励

418 次查看
joerg
Contributor II
Hi Mike
It seems to work for me, even if i do not like much mixing analog and digital circuits.
If the MCU_VDD is connected to the target power line (pin 6) OF the BDM connector it should work even if the 1N5819 is a bit oversized!
Please answer also the questions about the resistors (two replays earlier).

Saluti Joerg

Message Edited by Alban on 2006-12-12 10:05 PM

0 项奖励

418 次查看
RockyRoad
Contributor III
Joerg -

Thank you for your offer. I had hoped that someone would take up the challenge.

I need to make a small edit to the schematic. I'll try to do that this evening and send them to you tomorrow.

Thanks again,
Rocky

Message Edited by Alban on 2006-12-12 10:05 PM

0 项奖励