cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USBDM with LPC1111 LPC111x

lucianonicolau
Contributor III

Hi PGO,

I try to identify and program the LPC1111 with no success.

It is an ARM cortex-M0 with SWD. Why it cannot answer the "detect chip" ?

Do you have some TCL command that I can do to check if this chip works with the same protocol?

It will be good if could include this LPC1111 on USBDM programmer, I can help to include it if you believe it is possible.

Luciano

0 Kudos
4 Replies

pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Luciano,

The latest version of USBDM (4.12.1.180) now has support for a few LPC devices.

bye

0 Kudos

andrezanonsc
Contributor I

Hi pgo, 

I have tried to use USBDM with LPC 822, it is on the list, but does not work (tried with 2 new MCUs). But Kinetics works fine. LPC822 says "it needs MASS Erase". But if I try to mass erase, says "Device does not allow this function" or similar error. Tried in Linux, and Windows, same errors.

Does it work with LPC 822 or another similar LPC ? (LPC 804, LPC 824...)

André

0 Kudos

pgo
Senior Contributor V

Dear Luciano,

I basically don't have the time to add a new set of devices.  There is a fair investment of time to become familiar with the intricacies of the device family before being in a position to add support.

I have briefly looked at the LPC11xx devices and I will admit that they would be doable - there are even some advantages over the approach that was necessary with the Kinetis devices.  The LPC devices have a on-chip firmware that could do the heavy lifting of the actually programming (using the IAP interface).  I am able to connect to the one(!) LPC device I have using USBDM script so communication and examining registers etc is straightforward.  I would presume the debugging would also be standard since that is determined by the ARM IP.

To add a device for programming the following would be needed:

• Write a C wrapper for the IAP that would provide an interface similar to that used for the kinetis devices.  Basically this wrapper would be downloaded to the device and then used to program the flash in pieces.
  • Provide a new TCL script to carry out the basic functions of erase, unlock etc.  The detail would vary greatly.

To do the above it would be necessary to have a debugging interface - a bit chicken-and-egg really :smileyhappy:

bye

0 Kudos

mileycyrus
Contributor I

I try to identify and program the LPC1111 with no success.@ TalktoMCAlisters.com

0 Kudos