显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 
已解决

USBDM with 64-bit Win 7 computer

跳至解决方案
7,226 次查看
RogerSchaefer
Contributor III

I cannot use USBDM with my 64 bit Windows 7 computer.

I had been using USBDM Ver 4.8 in my old XP computer since last year only to program 9S08 devices.  The old computer crashed and I purchased a new 64 bit Win 7 laptop.  I installed USBDM Ver 4.8 and plugged in my WYTEC board.  The computer couldn't find the USB drivers but I went into Device Manager and pointed it to the driver folder.  They were installed and the Device Manager said they were good.  However, the USBDM 9S08 programmer would not work with the board.

So I thought that Ver 4.8 was not new enough for the 64 bit computer.  I downloaded Ver 4.10 and, using a borrowed computer, installed the Ver 4.10 firmware into the board and the software into my Win 7 computer.

But it still didn't work.  Although Device Manager says the USB drivers are good the 9S08 programmer does not recognize the existence of the attached USBDM board.  It's as if it were not attached to the computer.

I need help.

Roger Schaefer

标记 (2)
0 项奖励
回复
1 解答
4,090 次查看
pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Roger,

I have just uploaded some installation files to Sourceforge.

If you have any further problems I would suggest installing drivers using these as they seem to reliably update the driver file to the correct ones as well as setting the devices to update drivers on next plug-in.

bye

在原帖中查看解决方案

0 项奖励
回复
17 回复数
4,091 次查看
pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Roger,

I have just uploaded some installation files to Sourceforge.

If you have any further problems I would suggest installing drivers using these as they seem to reliably update the driver file to the correct ones as well as setting the devices to update drivers on next plug-in.

bye

0 项奖励
回复
4,090 次查看
RogerSchaefer
Contributor III

Hi pgo,

That solved the problem.

thank you very much,

Roger

0 项奖励
回复
4,090 次查看
pgo
Senior Contributor V

Dear Roger,

I have tested Version 4.10 on three Windows 7-64bit machine and not encountered any problems.

Could I get you to do the following on the machine that you intend using.  There should not be any need to use another machine.  Let me know what fails (you would obviously have already done most of these things but I will provide a full list for reference):

• Install USBDM 4.10
  • Run zadig.exe from the driver folder and use it to update the BDM driver.  (See Alternative Driver Installation Method for Windows on this page USBDM (JS16 Minimal Version): USB Driver Installation).  You may need to select Show All Devices from the menu.
  • Run the USBDM Firmware Updater.
  • Run the HCS08 programmer

If this make no difference could you provide some details of your PC,  in particular is it Intel or AMD which sometimes affects the USB interface used.

bye

0 项奖励
回复
4,089 次查看
RogerSchaefer
Contributor III

Dear pgo,

I ran zadig.exe and high hopes but it didn’t help. The computer seems to have the correct USB driver but will not recognize the USBDM board.

I have attached four screen dumps that show this.

The computer has an Intel CORE i5.

Roger Schaefer

Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2012 8:51 PM

To: Roger Schaefer

Subject: Re: OSBDM and TBDML - USBDM with 64-bit Win 7 computer

Freescale Community

created by pgo in OSBDM and TBDML - View the full discussion

0 项奖励
回复
4,087 次查看
pgo
Senior Contributor V

Roger,

Could you compare your Driver details from the Hardware manager with the screen attached?

Thanks

DriverDetails.PNG

0 项奖励
回复
4,087 次查看
RogerSchaefer
Contributor III

Dear pgo,

It’s the same except I have an extra driver dll

/usbdmlcons.dll

see attached

Thanks for your effort,

Roger

Sent: Friday, September 28, 2012 7:32 PM

Freescale Community

0 项奖励
回复
4,086 次查看
pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Roger,

Sorry I don't really have any explanation.  I've checked on a couple more Windows7-64bit machine but been unable to provoke a problem.

Could I get you to try the following (rash) suggestions:

• Go into hardware manager and uninstall the BDM.  Select the delete driver option when doing so
  • Use zadig to install the winusb driver.

You could also try running the xusb command from the libusb archive at libusbx - Browse /releases/1.0.14/Windows at SourceForge.net  to see if it shows anything unusual.

Look for xusb in the archive and run

• xusb 16d0:0567

bye

0 项奖励
回复
4,086 次查看
RogerSchaefer
Contributor III

Hello pgo,

1. I uninstalled USBDM

2. In WIN 7 there was no “delete driver option” so I then opened Device Manager and found and deleted the USBDM USB driver.

3. Removed BDM

4. Reinstalled USBDM Ver 4.10

5. Ran Zadig

6. Inserted BDM; Windows looked for, found and installed USB drivers without a problem

7. Ran HCS08 Programmer but it failed. It was just as before; it did NOT recognize the presence of the BDM

I did download the libusbx from Source Forge but couldn’t understand how to use it. Didn’t see any .exe file

What am I missing?

Roger Schaefer

Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2012 1:23 AM

Freescale Community

0 项奖励
回复
4,086 次查看
pgo
Senior Contributor V

HI Roger,

If you look in the examples/bin64 folder you should find xusb.exe.

I would just like to see if another libusb(winusb) application can "see" the BDM.

bye

0 项奖励
回复
4,083 次查看
RogerSchaefer
Contributor III

Hi pgo,

xusb is not in the current version of libusbx – 1.0.14

The example folder just has some C source files; I looked in all the folders.

Attached is a screen cut of the examples folders. Can you send me the xusb.exe?

Roger

Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2012 9:16 PM

Freescale Community

0 项奖励
回复
4,081 次查看
pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi roger,

I don't understand that - I downloaded the file from the supplied page link above before the last post to check the location.

Perhaps....?

The page linked has the correct (Windows file) half way down the page but unfortunately has a prominent link to the "Latest Version" at the top - which is the Linux one I suspect.

Try the direct link (that I should have posted in the first place :smileyhappy:.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/libusbx/files/releases/1.0.14/Windows/libusbx-1.0.14-win.7z/download

0 项奖励
回复
4,081 次查看
RogerSchaefer
Contributor III

OK pgo,

That worked. See attached file; let’s hope it’s helpful.

Roger Schaefer

Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2012 10:08 PM

Freescale Community

0 项奖励
回复
4,081 次查看
pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Roger,

The output looks about what I expected so there isn't really a clue there.

As a last resort could you try running the attached example and see if it performs any better.

After running it please open the folder %APPDATA%\usbdm and upload the bootloader.log and usbdm.log files.

bye

0 项奖励
回复
4,082 次查看
RogerSchaefer
Contributor III

Hi pgo,

The installation went into an endless loop but the logs are attached, hope you see something hopeful,

Roger

Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2012 1:30 AM

Freescale Community

0 项奖励
回复
4,082 次查看
pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Roger,

This result is interesting.  It appears to indicate that the software found the BDM initially which means that the USBDM software should be working OK.  The other error is a known problem (see below).

Could I check the following:

1. When you select the Auto Select BDM Firmware check-box that it updates the dialogue correctly?  This is implied by the log files.
  2. It you then press the Verify Flash button you should get the warning/information dialogue.
  3. It then goes away for a long time but should eventually display a Failed to reboot message.

If the above occurs it means the BDM is being located and communicated with.  The problem is that when the BDM is rebooted into ICP mode windows treats it as a new device without a driver.

Believe it or not this would be progress!

I made some small changes to the code:

• Updated to a later version of libusbx
  • Statically linked the libusb DLL to prevent it picking up any other than the correct version.

If the above is true it implies that these changes fixed the problem and I would suggest trying V4.10.2 which incorporates those changes for the other programs.

Second problem

As mentioned above - the failure to complete the update appears to be due to windows not installing a driver for the BDM in ICP mode. 

• The solution to this is to stop at step 3 above without closing the dialogue.
  • Use Zadig or device manager to install the driver while the BDM is in ICP mode.
  • Close the dialogue & continue the verify or update.

I hope this isn't too confusing.

bye

0 项奖励
回复
4,082 次查看
RogerSchaefer
Contributor III

Hi pgo,

Well, it was sort of confusing. I tried to get thru it and it seems to be half fixed.

I tried to load the new firmware and that got totally screwed up, see attached.

So I went over to a borrowed computer that I had used before and from it was able to reload Ver. 4.10.0 firmware.

Coming back to my new Win 7 computer the USB drivers now work and the HCS08 Programmer works.

So .... on new Win 7, programmer works, firmware updater doesn’t so I guess I’m OK until Freescale comes out with some new chips.

Thanks,

Roger

Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2012 1:13 AM

Freescale Community

0 项奖励
回复
4,083 次查看
RogerSchaefer