Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USBDM on CubieTruck/Lubuntu

Jump to solution
thm59
Contributor II

Dear PGO,

I am currently trying to run HCS08_FlashProgrammer on a small CubieTruck computer - CPU: Allwinner A20 dual armhf A7 core -  running under Lubuntu.

I downloaded the USDBM source files from Github and then compiled them and got without any problem the Flashprogrammer/GDBservers executables and usbdm librairies.

When I launch HCS08_Programmer, the USBDM hardware is correctly detected, but the target chip is not detected. I have “Invalid Database” in the “Device selection field” (without the possibility of choosing a device: no drop-down list). All other fields seems OK.

Please have you an idea of the problem?  Is a particular file missing?

Best regards

Thierry

0 Kudos
1 Solution
pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Thierry,

On Linux the USBDM executables expect to find various database files at  \usr\share\usbdm.

I suggest you look at the CreateDebFile script on Github which creates the correct structure for a DEB archive - The directory created directly reflects where the files need to eventually live ion the file system.

bye

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Thierry,

On Linux the USBDM executables expect to find various database files at  \usr\share\usbdm.

I suggest you look at the CreateDebFile script on Github which creates the correct structure for a DEB archive - The directory created directly reflects where the files need to eventually live ion the file system.

bye

0 Kudos
thm59
Contributor II

Hello, pgo

Many thanks, now it works perfectly (I just have downloaded a test S19 in my GB60 dev board). I don't know why, but this script could not run on my cubietruck. So I had to manually copy the files.

Thanks again, now i am building m68k-elf-gcc on the cubietruck.

best regards

Thierry

0 Kudos