Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USBDM can´t program PA16

Jump to solution
lucianonicolau
Contributor III

Hi pgo,

Using 4.10.6.140 I have MC9S08PA16 on my board and it only can be programmed if selected as PT16.

If selected the right device "PA16" it cause this error:

usbdm_problem.jpg

Tell me how to fix it.

thanks!

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Luciano,

The manual for the chip indicates that the SDID is 0x0042 so it looks like the first digit is the mask revision.

I've changed the SDIDmask in the attached file which should have the same effect as the changes you made but also work with the version given in the manual.

I would appreciate it you could test this.

I have previously added your site to the list on:

http://usbdm.sourceforge.net/

bye

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Luciano,

I've attached an updated hcs08_devices.xml file.  Can you replace this file in the USBDM installation and check if it works correctly with your devices.

Place in directory C:\Program Files (x86)\pgo\USBDM 4.10.6.170\DeviceData

If this doesn't work correctly could you provide the ID number that the programmer detects?

bye

0 Kudos
lucianonicolau
Contributor III

Hi pgo,

First test it stop working for PT16 too, then I changed the SDID and it works fine!

The SDID for PA8 and PA16 is 1042 (tested for both), I edited your new hcs_device.xml, now it can detect chip for PA8 and PA16.

See file attached with new SDIDs.

When you have time, please, insert my website on USBDM website as manufacturer: www.usbdm.com.br

thanks a lot,

0 Kudos
pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Luciano,

The manual for the chip indicates that the SDID is 0x0042 so it looks like the first digit is the mask revision.

I've changed the SDIDmask in the attached file which should have the same effect as the changes you made but also work with the version given in the manual.

I would appreciate it you could test this.

I have previously added your site to the list on:

http://usbdm.sourceforge.net/

bye

0 Kudos
lucianonicolau
Contributor III

I tested and it works perfectly!

thank you pgo !

0 Kudos