Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USBDM Installation under Eclipse

Jump to solution
gaminn
Contributor IV

Hello,

I would like to intall USBDM JMx v 4.4 under Codewarrior Eclipse 10.1, Windows 7 64bit. I tried to follow instructions at http://usbdm.sourceforge.net/USBDM_V4.5/USBDM_CF_JMxx/html/eclipse_v10_1__usage_page.html, but I cant see "USBDM" option in the Connections window. How to add USBDM to Eclipse?

Thank you

Martin

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Gabriel_RGaus
Contributor II

Hi,

Try this from the installation instructions on site:

http://usbdm.sourceforge.net/USBDM_V4.5/USBDM_CF_JMxx/html/installation_page.html

Install Codewarrior Wizards.cmd
will modify the Codewarrior installation to add the missing settings. This file makes similar assumptions about the Codewarrior installation locations so should be checked before running.
If, after running the above command file, USBDM does not appear as an option in Codewarrior V10 it may be necessary to tell Eclipse to re-read its configuration files by using the following command (Type it at a command prompt - change the path if necessary)
"c:\Program Files\Freescale\CW MCU v10.0\eclipse\cwide.exe" -clean"

It's worked for me.

Gabriel.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
JimDon
Senior Contributor III

Did you also install the Eclipse plug in's use the .CMD files?

Also read the text in the cmd files, there are some case where a plug in directory is named differently.

0 Kudos
gaminn
Contributor IV

Dear JimDon,

I changed line in the "Install Codewarrior Files.cmd"

set WIZARD_FILE=%ECLIPSE_PLUGIN%\com.freescale.mcu.projectwizard_1.1.8.FSL_b02015-B10\plugin.xml

to

set WIZARD_FILE=%ECLIPSE_PLUGIN%\com.freescale.mcu.projectwizard_1.3.44.FSL_b02052\plugin.xml

(because the first directory doesn't exist)

I run "Install Codewarrior Files.cmd" as Administrator, no errors.

I restarted CodeWarrior Eclipse, but still can't see USBDM option in Connections.

0 Kudos
Gabriel_RGaus
Contributor II

Hi,

Try this from the installation instructions on site:

http://usbdm.sourceforge.net/USBDM_V4.5/USBDM_CF_JMxx/html/installation_page.html

Install Codewarrior Wizards.cmd
will modify the Codewarrior installation to add the missing settings. This file makes similar assumptions about the Codewarrior installation locations so should be checked before running.
If, after running the above command file, USBDM does not appear as an option in Codewarrior V10 it may be necessary to tell Eclipse to re-read its configuration files by using the following command (Type it at a command prompt - change the path if necessary)
"c:\Program Files\Freescale\CW MCU v10.0\eclipse\cwide.exe" -clean"

It's worked for me.

Gabriel.

0 Kudos
gaminn
Contributor IV

Thank you very much, that helped me (but I had to download 4.5 version of USBDM).

Martin 

0 Kudos
JimDon
Senior Contributor III

Just for future reference, what was the actaul problem?

0 Kudos
gaminn
Contributor IV

Actually, there was no problem. I missed the information about running "Install Codewarrior Wizards.cmd" (see Gabriel's post).

This works only with USBDM 4.5 as USBDM 4.4 doesn't contain file "Install Codewarrior Wizards.cmd" (at least I couldn't find it) . But no problem for me, I just downloaded newer version.

0 Kudos
pgo
Senior Contributor V

Dear Gaminn,

Just to explain the absence of the "Install Codewarrior Wizards.cmd" in V4.4.  The steps this command does are included in the Install command file in V4.4.  It was more logical to separate it in V4.5

Also 4.4 did not support V10.1 Eclipse.

bye

0 Kudos
Gabriel_RGaus
Contributor II

Dear Gaminn,

I'm glad to help you on this forum that I follow a few years.

What I meant that worked for me was the command line to force eclipse to reread the configuration files.

"c:\Program Files\Freescale\CW MCU v10.0\eclipse\cwide.exe" -clean

Only after doing this that the USBDM appeared in the Codewarrior connections with Windows XP Professional SP3.

Best regards,

Gabriel

0 Kudos
JimDon
Senior Contributor III

Here is a new twist.

I did an update to CW 10.1 because certain things were not working.

Goodby USBDM.

You have to re-run the install with :

set WIZARD_FILE_DIR=%ECLIPSE_PLUGIN%\com.freescale.mcu.projectwizard_1.3.46.FSL_b02057

and then do the clean.

0 Kudos
JimDon
Senior Contributor III

Well, I was wondering about the plug in directory, as others have report this.

So, with CW 10.1 and 4.5, there was no issue with the directory?

0 Kudos
gaminn
Contributor IV

No, there was no need to modify cmd file.

0 Kudos