USBDM Hardware Debugging in KDS

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USBDM Hardware Debugging in KDS

ebee
Contributor II

When I try to set up USBDM Hardware Debugging in KDS I am getting the message 'An error occurred. See error log for more details'. The initial error message is 'net/sourceforge/usbdm/constants/UsbdmSharedConstants$InterfaceType'.

I have attached the error log report,

0 Kudos
28 Replies

RichC
Contributor I

Sorry for the delay. I've just tested a fresh install of KDS 1.1.1 followed by USBDM 250a installer and it works great for me :smileyhappy: 

Thanks for the fixes (and, what appears to be, a new icon in the add/remove programs control panel).

Also too late for this issue, but I have found out Window has a 'show loader snaps' option which may be useful in these JNI situations. A google for gflags.exe and "show loader snaps" (or sls) will return more content than you probably wanted to know about Windows dll loading!

Thanks again.

R.

0 Kudos

ebee
Contributor II

Not sure if this is relevant yet but I my desktop computer has just completed a virus scan and it is reporting the following -

"";"The file is signed with a broken digital signature, issued by: Microsoft Windows., C:\Program Files (x86)\pgo\USBDM Drivers 1.2.0\Drivers\BDM_driver\x86\WdfCoInstaller01011.dll";"Infected"

"";"The file is signed with a broken digital signature, issued by: Microsoft Windows., C:\Program Files (x86)\pgo\USBDM Drivers 1.2.0\Drivers\JS16_driver\x86\WdfCoInstaller01011.dll";"Infected"

"";"The file is signed with a broken digital signature, issued by: Microsoft Windows., C:\Program Files (x86)\pgo\USBDM Drivers 1.2.0\Drivers\OLD_driver\x86\WdfCoInstaller01011.dll";"Infected"

0 Kudos

pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Ian,

The warning you are getting is because the drivers are unsigned.  This shouldn't be causing any problem.

I've tried a couple more machines with KDS but I've been unable to reproduce the problem.

I will be uploading a new version shortly - Can you try that please.

bye

0 Kudos

ebee
Contributor II

Hi pgo,

Thanks for looking into this I have not been able to make any further progress at my end so resorting to using CodeWarrior at the moment.

I will keep an eye out for the next update to USBDM.

Thanks

Ian

0 Kudos

ebee
Contributor II

Hi pgo,

I am having identical problems on two machines. Both my laptop and desktop machine are running Windows 7. The laptop is running Home Premium version 6.1, Build 7601, Service pack 1. The desktop is running Windows 7 Professional service pack 1.

I uninstalled and re installed the software on the desktop but still get the same error. The laptop is still using original configuration.

Regards

Ian

0 Kudos

ebee
Contributor II

Hi Pgo,

I have now wiped all copies of the Kinetis Design Studio and USBDM from my laptop. I have then done a clean install of the release version of KDS and the latest version of USBDM (4.10.6.180). I am pleased to report that I am able to program and debug my custom board using a MK60DN512VLQ10 device. I have configured the software to think that it is programming a MK60DN512ZM10 (the version 1 part) as you do not have the version 2 part listed in the 'Target Device' list. Do you have any plans to add this new part to the list of available targets. If not how easy is it for me to add this part on?

Thanks for your help to date

Ian

0 Kudos

ebee
Contributor II

Hi pgo,

It appears that my optimism yesterday was ill founded. I returned to my program this morning and I find that I can not connect to the debugger within KDS once more. It was working fine when I shut down yesterday and this morning I am getting the same sets of error messages. How can this work one day and then not the next - I have not done anything differently or made any changes to the settings.

Regards

Ian

0 Kudos

ebee
Contributor II

Hi,

The USBDM interface works fine within CodeWarrior 10.5 but is not seen from within 10.6 (10.6 was installed after USBDM so the plugins may not have been installed for this version).

Checking the configuration page when I click on USBDM -> Configure option I get the error message "Could Not Accept Changes. The current displayed page contains invalid values." Click on the OK button this window clears and the Preferences page appears. This is OK. Click throught to the ARM GDB Server then I get the familiar error message window.

As it is not appearing to be an easy solution I am tempted to uninstall both packages USBDM and KDS, make sure that their folders are all clear and reinstall them to see if this resolves the issue.

Below is the contents of the .log fileafter I try to connect to the USBDM in KDS.

Thanks

Ian

!ENTRY org.eclipse.jface 4 2 2014-07-03 09:19:44.079

!MESSAGE Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.jface".

!STACK 0

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/sourceforge/usbdm/constants/UsbdmSharedConstants$InterfaceType

at net.sourceforge.usbdm.gdb.ui.UsbdmDebuggerTab.createUsbdmParametersGroup(UsbdmDebuggerTab.java:674)

at net.sourceforge.usbdm.gdb.ui.UsbdmDebuggerTab.createControl(UsbdmDebuggerTab.java:1211)

at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.launchConfigurations.LaunchConfigurationTabGroupViewer.showInstanceTabsFor(LaunchConfigurationTabGroupViewer.java:808)

at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.launchConfigurations.LaunchConfigurationTabGroupViewer.displayInstanceTabs(LaunchConfigurationTabGroupViewer.java:739)

at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.launchConfigurations.LaunchConfigurationTabGroupViewer$8.run(LaunchConfigurationTabGroupViewer.java:626)

at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)

at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.launchConfigurations.LaunchConfigurationTabGroupViewer.inputChanged(LaunchConfigurationTabGroupViewer.java:643)

at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.launchConfigurations.LaunchConfigurationTabGroupViewer.setInput0(LaunchConfigurationTabGroupViewer.java:605)

at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.launchConfigurations.LaunchConfigurationTabGroupViewer.setInput(LaunchConfigurationTabGroupViewer.java:581)

at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.launchConfigurations.LaunchConfigurationsDialog.handleLaunchConfigurationSelectionChanged(LaunchConfigurationsDialog.java:943)

at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.launchConfigurations.LaunchConfigurationsDialog$3.selectionChanged(LaunchConfigurationsDialog.java:562)

at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$3.run(StructuredViewer.java:888)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.JFaceUtil$1.run(JFaceUtil.java:49)

at org.eclipse.jface.util.SafeRunnable.run(SafeRunnable.java:175)

at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.firePostSelectionChanged(StructuredViewer.java:886)

at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.handlePostSelect(StructuredViewer.java:1226)

at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$5.widgetSelected(StructuredViewer.java:1251)

at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.firePostSelectionEvent(OpenStrategy.java:262)

at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.access$5(OpenStrategy.java:256)

at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy$3.run(OpenStrategy.java:433)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:135)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:4145)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3762)

at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:826)

at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:802)

at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.launchConfigurations.LaunchConfigurationsDialog.open(LaunchConfigurationsDialog.java:1134)

at org.eclipse.debug.ui.DebugUITools$2.run(DebugUITools.java:604)

at org.eclipse.debug.ui.DebugUITools.openLaunchConfigurationDialogOnGroup(DebugUITools.java:612)

at org.eclipse.debug.ui.DebugUITools.openLaunchConfigurationDialogOnGroup(DebugUITools.java:546)

at org.eclipse.debug.ui.actions.OpenLaunchDialogAction.run(OpenLaunchDialogAction.java:81)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Action.java:499)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:584)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:501)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:411)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1057)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4170)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3759)

at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1113)

at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)

at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:997)

at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:140)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:611)

at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:567)

at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:150)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:124)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:354)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:181)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:636)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:591)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1450)

Caused by: org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter$TerminatingClassNotFoundException: An error occurred while automatically activating bundle net.sourceforge.usbdm.constants (464).

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter.postFindLocalClass(EclipseLazyStarter.java:124)

at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:469)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.findLocalClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:216)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:395)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.SingleSourcePackage.loadClass(SingleSourcePackage.java:35)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:461)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:421)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:412)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:107)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.defineClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:188)

at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.defineClassHoldingLock(ClasspathManager.java:638)

at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.defineClass(ClasspathManager.java:613)

at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findClassImpl(ClasspathManager.java:574)

at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClassImpl(ClasspathManager.java:492)

at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:465)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.findLocalClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:216)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:395)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:464)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:421)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:412)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:107)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at net.sourceforge.usbdm.cdt.ui.WorkbenchMainPreferencePage.createPathComposite(WorkbenchMainPreferencePage.java:201)

at net.sourceforge.usbdm.cdt.ui.WorkbenchMainPreferencePage.createContents(WorkbenchMainPreferencePage.java:68)

at org.eclipse.jface.preference.PreferencePage.createControl(PreferencePage.java:232)

at org.eclipse.jface.preference.PreferenceDialog.createPageControl(PreferenceDialog.java:1502)

at org.eclipse.jface.preference.PreferenceDialog$14.run(PreferenceDialog.java:1259)

at org.eclipse.jface.preference.PreferenceDialog.showPage(PreferenceDialog.java:1253)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.dialogs.FilteredPreferenceDialog.showPage(FilteredPreferenceDialog.java:675)

at org.eclipse.jface.preference.PreferenceDialog$10.run(PreferenceDialog.java:709)

at org.eclipse.jface.preference.PreferenceDialog$9.selectionChanged(PreferenceDialog.java:705)

at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$3.run(StructuredViewer.java:888)

at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.firePostSelectionChanged(StructuredViewer.java:886)

at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.setSelection(StructuredViewer.java:1726)

at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.TreeViewer.setSelection(TreeViewer.java:1139)

at org.eclipse.jface.preference.PreferenceDialog.selectSavedItem(PreferenceDialog.java:1055)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.dialogs.FilteredPreferenceDialog.selectSavedItem(FilteredPreferenceDialog.java:730)

at org.eclipse.jface.preference.PreferenceDialog$4.run(PreferenceDialog.java:376)

at org.eclipse.jface.preference.PreferenceDialog.createContents(PreferenceDialog.java:372)

at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.create(Window.java:432)

at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog.create(Dialog.java:1104)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.dialogs.WorkbenchPreferenceDialog.createDialogOn(WorkbenchPreferenceDialog.java:102)

at org.eclipse.ui.dialogs.PreferencesUtil.createPreferenceDialogOn(PreferencesUtil.java:192)

at org.eclipse.ui.dialogs.PreferencesUtil.createPreferenceDialogOn(PreferencesUtil.java:116)

at net.sourceforge.usbdm.cdt.ui.handlers.ConfigureHandler.execute(ConfigureHandler.java:26)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerProxy.execute(HandlerProxy.java:290)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.E4HandlerProxy.execute(E4HandlerProxy.java:90)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.MethodRequestor.execute(MethodRequestor.java:56)

at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.invokeUsingClass(InjectorImpl.java:243)

at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.invoke(InjectorImpl.java:224)

at org.eclipse.e4.core.contexts.ContextInjectionFactory.invoke(ContextInjectionFactory.java:132)

at org.eclipse.e4.core.commands.internal.HandlerServiceHandler.execute(HandlerServiceHandler.java:167)

at org.eclipse.core.commands.Command.executeWithChecks(Command.java:499)

at org.eclipse.core.commands.ParameterizedCommand.executeWithChecks(ParameterizedCommand.java:508)

at org.eclipse.e4.core.commands.internal.HandlerServiceImpl.executeHandler(HandlerServiceImpl.java:213)

at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.HandledContributionItem.executeItem(HandledContributionItem.java:850)

at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.HandledContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(HandledContributionItem.java:743)

at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.HandledContributionItem.access$7(HandledContributionItem.java:727)

at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.HandledContributionItem$4.handleEvent(HandledContributionItem.java:662)

... 25 more

Caused by: org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Exception in net.sourceforge.usbdm.constants.Activator.start() of bundle net.sourceforge.usbdm.constants.

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:734)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:683)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:381)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:300)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.util.SecureAction.start(SecureAction.java:478)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.setLazyTrigger(BundleLoader.java:263)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter.postFindLocalClass(EclipseLazyStarter.java:109)

... 98 more

Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Freescale\KDS_1.0.1\eclipse\configuration\org.eclipse.osgi\bundles\467\1\.cp\usbdm.4.dll: The specified procedure could not be found

at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary1(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)

at net.sourceforge.usbdm.jni.Usbdm$LibraryLoader.<init>(Usbdm.java:1458)

at net.sourceforge.usbdm.jni.Usbdm.<clinit>(Usbdm.java:1518)

at net.sourceforge.usbdm.constants.Activator.loadUsbdmPaths(Activator.java:44)

at net.sourceforge.usbdm.constants.Activator.start(Activator.java:35)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$1.run(BundleContextImpl.java:711)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:702)

... 104 more

0 Kudos