USBDM & CW10.6: Launch Configuration Migration to RSE Required -> failed!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USBDM & CW10.6: Launch Configuration Migration to RSE Required -> failed!

Jump to solution
Joel69003
Contributor IV

Hello all!

I'm a little bit confused. I have just made a fresh installation of CodeWarrior 10.6 with an USBDM upgraded to 4.10.6.200 and drivers 1.3.0 (thus all the last releases) and I have created a new project in a new workspace. I'm getting this message "Launch Configuration Migration to RSE Required" when clicking the "Finish" button of the project creation wizard.

migration required.PNG

Then click "OK" I get the following error:

migration failed.PNG

I can create and build my application in CodeWarrior but it is not possible to launch debug: target is not defined as shown below:

no target.PNG

Any ideas ?

My configuration is the following:

- Windows 7 x64;

- CodeWarrior installed in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Freescale\CW MCU v10.6" directory;

- USBDM 4.10.6.200 with drivers 1.3.0;

- Target S08DZ60.

Previously I was working with CW10.6 and USBDM 4.10.6.140B and drivers 1.2.0 on the same computer and I never get this kind of issue.

Regards,

Joel

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Joel69003
Contributor IV

Hi PGO,

Thanks for writing, however, I have already installed CodeWarrior and perform a new installation, but keeping default installation path for CodeWarrior. So now it is installed in "C:\Freescale" directory instead of Program Files and every thing is correctly running now. It looks like access rights issues (but running CodeWarrior as Administrator was not enough to not get the problem).

Regards,

Joel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Joel,

It looks like some of the plugins may not be loading.

If you could check this by:

Help->About Codewarrior Development Studio

Installation Details button

Select Plugin-ins tab

pastedImage_5.png

Click on Plug-in ID tab to sort the plugins

pastedImage_10.png

Check if the plugin look similar to the following:

pastedImage_0.png

In any case it might be advisable to go back to a previous version if this version has problems as I don't know of any reasons for problems.

PS

Also try running USBDM x.x.x.x ->Codewarrior Wizard Patches->Refresh Codewarrior 10.6 Configuration

bye

0 Kudos
ankurpatel
Contributor I

Hi PGO,

Sorry to add comments on this post..but I am following this post to make my USBDM work with Codeworrier 10.6 but I am not able to find plug-ins in my CW 10.6 as you have mentioned in this post earlier. Please help me with it.

Thanks alot,

Ankur

0 Kudos
Joel69003
Contributor IV

Hi PGO,

Thanks for writing, however, I have already installed CodeWarrior and perform a new installation, but keeping default installation path for CodeWarrior. So now it is installed in "C:\Freescale" directory instead of Program Files and every thing is correctly running now. It looks like access rights issues (but running CodeWarrior as Administrator was not enough to not get the problem).

Regards,

Joel

0 Kudos