USBDM 4.12.1.150 won't install in KDS 3.2.0

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USBDM 4.12.1.150 won't install in KDS 3.2.0

nicktuckett
Contributor I

I've built USBDM from source on Ubuntu 14.04 successfully, and have Kinetis Design Studio 3.2.0 installed (and running prior to this).

However when I run the ./Update script to install it, it fails at the "Installing Eclipse CDT plugins..." step. If I then run KDS, I see no USBDM menu or debug configurations.

Any advice would be most gratefully received!

This is the error log it generates:

!SESSION 2016-09-25 15:45:56.268 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=3.2.0.201603041649
java.version=1.7.0_76
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86_64, WS=gtk, NL=en_GB
Framework arguments: -product com.somniumtech.branding.kds.ide -application org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director -repository file://usr/share/usbdm/UpdateSite -installIU net.sourceforge.usbdm.cdt.feature.feature.group
Command-line arguments: -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86_64 -product com.somniumtech.branding.kds.ide -application org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director -repository file://usr/share/usbdm/UpdateSite -installIU net.sourceforge.usbdm.cdt.feature.feature.group

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine 4 1002 2016-09-25 15:45:57.377
!MESSAGE URI has an authority component
!STACK 0
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: URI has an authority component
at java.io.File.<init>(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.ProfileMetadataRepository.getProfile(ProfileMetadataRepository.java:173)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.ProfileMetadataRepository.<init>(ProfileMetadataRepository.java:48)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.ProfileMetadataRepositoryFactory.load(ProfileMetadataRepositoryFactory.java:36)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.metadata.repository.MetadataRepositoryManager.factoryLoad(MetadataRepositoryManager.java:57)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.repository.helpers.AbstractRepositoryManager.loadRepository(AbstractRepositoryManager.java:768)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.repository.helpers.AbstractRepositoryManager.loadRepository(AbstractRepositoryManager.java:668)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.metadata.repository.MetadataRepositoryManager.loadRepository(MetadataRepositoryManager.java:96)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.metadata.repository.MetadataRepositoryManager.loadRepository(MetadataRepositoryManager.java:92)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.director.app.DirectorApplication.initializeRepositories(DirectorApplication.java:562)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.director.app.DirectorApplication.run(DirectorApplication.java:1094)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.director.app.DirectorApplication.start(DirectorApplication.java:1281)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:380)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:235)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:648)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:603)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1465)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1438)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.p2.core 4 0 2016-09-25 15:45:57.379
!MESSAGE Unable to load repositories.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

nicktuckett
Contributor I

I was able to install the CDT plugin manually through KDS using file://usr/share/usbdm/UpdateSite.

That made the USBDM menu appear, and I could click on Configure - but can't get it to set the ARM Ltd GNU Tools for ARM prefix correctly - it always picks up on an actual command line tool name, not the 'arm-none-eabi-' prefix. E.g. it will use 'arm-none-eabi-addr2' if I choose the correct KDS toolchain folder.

0 Kudos

nicktuckett
Contributor I

Turns out you have to select the 'arm-none-eabi-gcc' file to set prefix and path correctly. Not the most intuitive UX!

0 Kudos

pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Nick,

I'm sorry you found this unclear.

The pop-up help on the browse button says "Browse to GCC executable" and the title of the dialogue that opens is "Select GCC Command".

It uses the full comand path to determine the tool directory and and command prefix.

This seemed the easiest approach.

This page explains the configuration:

USBDM: Eclipse - Install (M68K, GNU tools) 

bye

0 Kudos