cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USBDM 4.10.4 ubuntu

michelarnaud
Contributor I

hello,

I wanted install usbdm on linux ubuntu but i have a problem with the librairy libwx_gtk2u_core-2.8.so.0.

I have installed the depandance libwxgtk2.8-dbg

bye

michel

0 Kudos
3 Replies

michelarnaud
Contributor I

i have make a symbolic link until this file

sudo ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libwx_gtk2u_core-2.8.so.0.8.0 /usr/lib/libwx_gtk2u_core-2.8.so.0

and a new message is:

./bin/MergeXML: error while loading shared libraries: libwx_gtk2u_core-2.8.so.0: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

i use ubuntu 64 bits.

best regards

michel

pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Michel,

I have no experience with the 64-bit version of Linux.  USBDM was built under 32-bit Mint.  Is it possible to run 32-bit software on a 64-bit OS? I suspect so, but I would expect you to need the 32-bit version of the libraries.  Note however that I speak from ignorance :smileyhappy:

bye

0 Kudos

ggorlik
Contributor I

Michael,

it is possible to run 32-bit executables in 64-bit installs. However you will need all the 32-b versions of the dynamically linked libraries as well.

Depending on your linux distribution and version there are several ways to install the required libraries.

Usually the 32-b libs are in /lib32 and /usr/lib32 or /lib/i386-linux-gnu and /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu.

Many distributions have prepackaged 32-bit libraries that can be installed (more modern ones use the multiarch setup that allows to directly install the libraries from the original 32-bit packages).

If everything fails, just download the 32-b packages from the 32-b distribution, uncompress and copy them to the correct location.

Use the command ldd to figure out if and what libraries you are missing.

0 Kudos