cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming Zigbee's MC13213 with JM60 OSBDM

Zabs14
Contributor I

Hello,

I have programmed several HCS08 MCUs with the OSBDM based on the JM60 without any trouble, but I have never been able to program or debug the MC13213. I don't know if the Zigbee stack does weird things with the memory management or disables something. Have you had any trouble with it?

Thanks in advance.

Regards, 

Antonio.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

pgo
Senior Contributor V

Dear Zabs14,

Which JM60 OSBDM?

bye

0 Kudos

Zabs14
Contributor I

Hi pgo,

It is based on the MC9S08JM60 (same family as JM32 I think). I found the folder with all the hardware and software info in this forum. The name of the folder is: USBDM_JM60_Distribution

Thanks,

Antonio.

0 Kudos

pgo
Senior Contributor V

Dear Zabs14,

So it's a USBDM! (There is also a JM60 OSBDM from Freescale)

If you want to  investigate this you can do the following:

• Replace the opensourceBDM.dll with the debug version provided with the original distribution.
  • Try debugging
  • The debug version of the DLL will create a log file in the root directory of the C drive (C:\usbdm_dll.log)
  • Post that here and I'll have a look and see if I can find what the reason for not working is.

AFAIK there is no reason why it wouldn't work.  The MC13213 is just a modified HCS08 chip and appears to have the same debugging interface.

I don't have one to try!

bye

Message Edited by pgo on 2009-08-20 09:22 AM
0 Kudos

Zabs14
Contributor I

Dear pgo,

Actually, I haven't had any trouble debugging the MC13213 with the DEMO9S08QG8 board and the PE Micro USB Multilink Interface, so that's why I thought it was weird that the USBDM JM60 had problems. 

Anyway, I'll do what you told me and post the usbdm_dll.log in this thread.

Thanks a lot for your support!

Best regards, 

Antonio.

0 Kudos