cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P&E releases OSBDM design build v29.04

Zahar
Contributor IV

Hello All,

The latest OSBDM build version 29.04 has been released by P&E Microcomputer Systems. It includes Firmware/Drivers source files, circuit diagrams, BOMs, virtual serial port and firmware update utilities as well as a design guide. The latest OSBDM firmware and drivers support new features such as automatic firmware update (under Codewarrior 10.1 and newer), virtual serial port and trim for HCS08/RS08/CFV1 devices.

OSBDM build version 29.04 includes embedded support for HCS08, RS08, Coldfire V1, Coldfire V234, Kinetis ARM, HC(S)12(X), DSC, and Qorivva MPC55xx/56xx Freescale architectures.

To download the latest OSBDM design package and learn more about this embedded hardware interface, please go to:

http://www.pemicro.com/osbdm/

Best Regards,

Zahar

P&E Microcomputer Systems.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

Edrianocarlos
Contributor IV

I am reading the documentation and i would like to know if is that possible to build the OSBDM with more then one target like RS08, HCS08,and codefire in the same board and when i choose it on codewarrior the right target is selected?

thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

Edrianocarlos
Contributor IV

I meant a hcs08 and coldfire v2,v3,v4 and kinets

0 Kudos

Zahar
Contributor IV

Hello Edriano,

Unfortunately, I do not think that it is possible. To the best of my knowledge the OSBDM firmware/hardware and Codewarrior support is architecture specific, where only one architecture is supported at a time.

If you are looking for all in one development solution, please take a look at the Universal Multilink from P&E. It is an inexpensive all-in-one hardware interface, which supports HCS08/RS08/HCS12(X)/CFV1/CFV234/Qorivva/Kinetis ARM architectures:

http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=15320137

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=UMultilink

It can be purchased from P&E Microcomputers or Freescale for $119.

Best Regards,
Zahar

P&E

0 Kudos

Edrianocarlos
Contributor IV

Hello. I was just wondering why this version of OSBDM there was the merge of all target possible by that time OSBDM-JM60 build 20.1 now available.

What have changed that it is not possible anymore.

I also went in PeMicro web sit but did not find the source code for this new build 29.04. where can i find the project source code?

thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

Zahar
Contributor IV

Hello Edriano,

P&E took over this project starting from OSBDM firmware version 27.00. At that point it was, like it is right now an architecture based interface, which can run a firmware for a single Freescale architecture at a time.

You can download the latest OSBDM firmware, which is at version 30.07 right now from Design Documents section of the following P&E website:

http://www.pemicro.com/osbdm/index.cfm

Best Regards,
Zahar

P&E

0 Kudos

Edrianocarlos
Contributor IV

Thanks for your response.

I have made the USBDM version. and it is working very well for more then one architecture

0 Kudos

ggorlik
Contributor I

Edriano,

I have not built an osbdm yet. I am currently using usbdm from pgo but I would be very interested in hearing your feedback on usbdm.

From the schematics all the different osbdm versions seem pretty similar.

Have you used it on multiple architectures without changing firmware?

0 Kudos

Edrianocarlos
Contributor IV

Ok thank you. i already have a PE Multilink. but as i own a school back here in Brazil i would like to develop our own tool. i am looking if at least i can merge the SCH and have one olnly board. for HCS08 and Kinets

0 Kudos

MPCMpy
Contributor II

Who can tell us how to define the OSBDM and MCUID for DSC(R15,R16,R21 and R22)

0 Kudos

Zahar
Contributor IV

Hello MPCMpy,

Please send an email to osbdm@freescale.com with the exact name of device that you plan on supporting. Also, please mention the version of OSBDM design package that you will be using.

Best Regards,
Zahar

P&E

0 Kudos