cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OSBDM and JM128

jOJo73
Contributor I

Hi !

Every thing is in the title in fact ! Does someone try to program a MCF51JM128 with the OSBDM ?

A friend tries and it seems there are some difficulties, he don't success.

We have seen somewhere (but I don't remember on which web site) that it is possible there is a security on the JM128, and that this security could not be remove with the OSBDM, but only with a PEMicro programmer. What about that ?

Do you success to program a JM128 with the OSBDM ? How ?

Thanks for your help !

jOJo

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

pgo
Senior Contributor V

Dear jOJo,

Support for the Flexis parts were added in the Freescale updated version of OSBDM.  See this thread:

OSBDM package build 7 for download 

The latest version of the codewarrior software + service pack (V6.2)  may also be required.

Earlier versions do not support this chip.

I have not tried OSBDM with this chip however USBDM does work so there should be no problems..

bye

0 Kudos

jOJo73
Contributor I

Hi pgo

Thanks for your answer. My friend and I are using build 7 of the OSBDM and also CodeWarrior V6.2.

But it seems there is trouble with JM128 in particular, and not with other Flexis component.

About the USBDM, you said it is working with this chip, so I'm interesting and I will have a look on this today, maybe it could be a great idea to build USBDM...

If other people have information about programming JM128 device with OSBDM, thanks for sharing !

Bye

jOJO

0 Kudos

chiusir
Contributor I

Me too!How to solve the problem?

-----------------------

error image is as follow:

error.jpg

Message Edited by t.dowe on 2009-10-26 04:40 PM
0 Kudos

pgo
Senior Contributor V

Dear Chiusir,

The dialogue you supplied is from USBDM not OSBDM so I presume you are using USBDM :smileyhappy:

Try setting the ALT Clock option.  There may still be some problems since the initial connection speed is borderline (uses the internal oscillator and will vary with the actual chip).

bye

0 Kudos

chiusir
Contributor I
Aha,dear pgo and Witztronics,you can say that again!  But,how to solve USBDM and MCF51JM128's communication speed?MY crystal is 12M.  "ALT" is not useful.My email is chiusir@126.com,Thank you Very much!
Message Edited by chiusir on 2009-05-18 09:17 AM
0 Kudos

pgo
Senior Contributor V

Dear chiusir,

I can't offer much advice. 

I've tested the USBDM (not OSBDM), both the JB16 and the JMxx version, with a MCF51JM128 and the BDMs have no problems with the initial connection as it is only at about 10 MHz using the internal clock. It may be necessary to select the ALT clock option for when the external clock is used _after_ the initial connection.

If you want to investigate further please do the following:

• Change to the debug version of the DLLs (these are supplied with the original files).
  • Try the debugger
  • This will create a log file on C:\usbdm.log.  Post this and it may give some clue to what is happening.

bye

PS. If you suspect the device is secured you can copy the CFV1_OpenSourceBDM_Erase_Unsecure.cmd command file from the Codewarrior directory C:\Program Files\Freescale\CodeWarrior for Microcontrollers V6.2\bin\plugins\Support\HC(S)08Wizard\DataBase\cmd to the cmd folder in your project.

Use the Menu CFV1 Open Source BDM->Command Files and open the Unsecure tab.  Browse to the cmd directprty and select the copied file.

Use the Menu CFV1 Open Source BDM->Unsecure to erase the device. 

Message Edited by pgo on 2009-05-19 01:08 PM
0 Kudos

chiusir
Contributor I

Dear PGO,

Thank you for your great work! I'll try it and then feed back the result.

0 Kudos

Witztronics
Contributor IV

Make sure you are not exceeding the communication speed of the osbdm.

Bus speed is ~20Mhz max (usually 1/2 crystal speed)

0 Kudos