cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to get Plug-ins for the USBDM for my CW 10.6

ankurpatel
Contributor I

Hi,

I am not able to get Plug-ins written by Peter O'Donnoghue for the USBDM for my CW. I have installed latest version of USBDM from sourceforge and have did firmware upgrade for the USBDM too.

- CodeWarrior for MCU

Version: 10.6

Build Id:140329

Please hep me with this.

Thanks,

Ankur

0 Kudos
4 Replies

pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Ankur,

The article you reference is from 2013 - There should be no need to make any changes to the device database. The changes given in that article are not correct for the current version.  If you find these necessary it must indicate you are using a very old version of USBDM which is unlikely.

Please try/check the following:

• Using the stand-alone programmer:
    • Confirm that the target can be identified.
    • Mass-erase the device
    • Program the image from your Codewarrior project
    • Report where/if the above fails.
  • What hardware are you using?
    • I have tested with a Freedom KL05 board and had no problems.
    • If you are using custom hardware make sure that the NMI pin is not active
  • I recommend using Kinetis Design Studio to develop with Kinetis targets.  It offers better supported for them than Codewarrior.

bye

0 Kudos

ankurpatel
Contributor I

Hi PGO,

Thank you very much for the update, I will follow the steps you have mentioned here and will get back to you as soon as I can.

With best regards,

Ankur

0 Kudos

ankurpatel
Contributor I

Hi PGO,

Thank you very much for your reply. After I post my issues, I install CW 10.3 and reinstall USBDM and I was able to see proper plug ins as per the link you have mentioned in above post.

However, I came across error "failed to resume target process. Downloading binary to target". So I research a bit more and found this post https://mcuoneclipse.com/2013/04/27/debugging-frdm-kl05z-with-usbdm/  and followed it completely. But still after verifying each step and seeing USBDM in as debugger in CW 10.3, I am still getting the error "failed to resume target process. Downloading binary to target".

Please provide some guidance to resolve this error.

I am using Win 7 Professional (64 Bit) and wanted to download code in MC9S08GB32.

With best regards,

Ankur

0 Kudos

pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Ankur,

Could you confirm the plugin situation by following the process given here:

How to Check Installation of USBDM in Codewarrior 10

bye

0 Kudos