MC9S12T64 Programming Error

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC9S12T64 Programming Error

spiros
Contributor II

Hello PGO i want to ask you about the programming of the specific mcu when i try with the usbdm(JM Version) it connects with a warning that is secured even that is not secured and when it try to program the device gives that specific error.

I look at hc212_devices.xml i think needs to change the memory layout because in this device the flash start at address 0x1800 until 0xFFFF.

What is your suggestions.

usbdm2.JPG

0 Kudos
4 Replies

pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Spiros,

You can add the missing entry for [1800..3FFF] which should remove the error about the range.

I'm unsure about the security warning.

This device has not been tested and the description is based on similar devices so there may be problems.

Let me know if it works.

Please note that if you use Codewarrior to do the programming that this information is not used i.e. only the stand-alone programmer would use the table.

bye

<device family="HCS12" name="MC9S12T64">
<clock type="External" />
<memory type="ram">
<memoryRange start="0x0800" end="0x0FFF" />
</memory>
<memory pageAddress="0x0030" registerAddress="0x0100" type="flash" securityAddress="0xFF00" sectorSize="512" >
<securityEntryRef ref="HCS12-default-security" />
<memoryRange start="0x1800" end="0x3FFF" /> <!-- Page 0x3D shadowed by register & RAM -->
<memoryRange start="0x4000" end="0x7FFF" /> <!-- Page 0x3E -->
<memoryRange start="0x8000" end="0xBFFF" pageReset="0x3C" pages="64K"  pageEnd="0x3F" />
<memoryRange start="0xC000" end="0xFFFF" /> <!-- Page 0x3F -->
</memory>
<sdidMask value="0xFFF0" />
<sdid value="0x4220" />
<flashProgramRef ref="HCS12-MMCV4-FTS_3-flash-program" />
</device>
0 Kudos

spiros
Contributor II

Thank you pgo for the responce

With codewarrior i can flash this mcu without any problem.

No this entry didn't fix the problem and continuous to have the same problem in order to make it easy for you i can provide and sent you a board to make your own test and include this mcu.

Regards Spiros

0 Kudos

pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Spiros,

I'm in Australia so the postage might be expensive.

Contact me with a private message and I will give you an address if you are still interested.

I can't guarantee a timeline :smileyhappy:

bye

spiros
Contributor II

Please provide me with your contact info ,thank you sir for the help.

0 Kudos