How to use usbdmscript.exe to create a custom dump of an HCS12 Flash?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use usbdmscript.exe to create a custom dump of an HCS12 Flash?

Mindblaster
Contributor III

I love USBDM, especially the memory-dump function. But for CPUs like MC9S12X (HCS12) with 24 Flash pages, there is not enough entries in the list for a full dump.

Now i've found that usbdmscript.exe can be orchestrized using an TCL script, but i can't find a way to read a memory block and save that to a file (S12 or BIN).

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Mindblaster
Contributor III

Sounds great!

Maybe if there was a way to set the number of entries by a pref or dropdown? And also a way to safe that settings could be very handy.

0 Kudos

pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi,

I have uploaded a version of Memory Dump with more entries and provision to save/restore settings.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/usbdm/files/Version%204.12.1/Software/ 

The GUI for the program is created with wxFormBuilder. I am unsure how to make the number of entries changeable. I hope 32 will be sufficient.

bye

Tags (2)

pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi,

UsbdmScript is mainly intended for use by the GUI programmers for doing initialisation etc, not really a full blown utility.  It does not support reading and saving memory ranges although it could be reasonably easily added. I'll think about how hard it is.

I will increase the number of entries in Memory dump but I am currently trying to track down some problems with my windows build (under Linux) at the moment so I will need to solve these first.

bye

0 Kudos