How can I upgrade my FRDM-KL25Z board's opensda?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I upgrade my FRDM-KL25Z board's opensda?

shaoziyang
Contributor I

I have a very old FRDM-KL25Z board (ver C), and it is opensda version is very old too. I found it can't support upgrade to last opensda firmware (version 1.14) from PE micro, and bootloader can't upgrade to 1.11 too.

It can enter bootloader mode, and can download MBed firmware (but not work correctly), but I want to upgrade bootloader to v1.11. How can't I upgrade it now?

0 Kudos
6 Replies

adriancano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Did you try the option mentioned here http://mcuoneclipse.com/2013/12/14/new-pe-opensda-firmware-v114/?

I hope this information can help you.

Regards,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. It would be nice!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

shaoziyang
Contributor I

I have try, but it not work. I think the old bootloader in KL25Z does not support it.

0 Kudos

cesarrabak
Contributor III

Pay special attention to "Issue: Bootloader versions 1.10 and earlier are not allowing firmware update and MSD FLASH programming on ... "

If it applies to your case, perform the steps as directed there.

HTH

--

Cesar Rabak

0 Kudos

shaoziyang
Contributor I

I try in winXP, winxp find the bootloader drive, but upgrade is not work.

0 Kudos

shaoziyang
Contributor I

Yes, I have try new opensda firmware, but after I copy the new firmware to the FRDM-KL25Z (rev C), after reboot, it still show the old boot firmware. Does  FRDM-KL25Z (rev C) can't upgrade firmware?

I try it in FRDM-KL25Z (rev E) it work fine.

0 Kudos

cesarrabak
Contributor III

Which platform are you using to upgrade the Freedom board?

0 Kudos