cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with USBDM in NoICE

Jump to solution
lalithnarasimha
Contributor I

I have a USBDM pod from technological arts, but I am unable to get it working with NoICE. If I'm not mistaken NoICE requires only the TBDML.DLL file for the USBDM. However, I do not see any DLL files in the current version available on sourceforge (v4.10.4). I see source files for the previous version that has legacy DLLs, but I am not sure on how to use these. My hardware is based on the USBDM-JS16CWJ and has software version 4.10.

Is there a guide out there to get USBDM working with NoICE.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Lalith,

I haven't used NoICE myself but I know a couple of people have used it previously - but with much older versions of USBDM.

The installer doesn't support it which is an oversight.

I have uploaded a separate Zip file to Sourceforge with what I believe would be the required files.  Could you try these and let me know what success you have?

bye

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
lalithnarasimha
Contributor I

Thanks PGO, I've tested the files and got them working. I've provided the steps that I followed for anyone having the same problem.

1. Install the USBDM drivers from sourceforge. Plug in the USBDMLT module and check that the device is successfully installed.  I also installed the USBDM software package.

2. Copy the DLL files in TBDML.zip into the bin folder of NoICE.

3. Now in NoICE, set target communication to TBDML. This should open the USBDM configuration window. where you should be able to detect your BDM.

Note: I use PLL to set frequency, so I had to change BDM clock select to Bus Clock/2 to prevent NoICE from complaining about frequency mismatch.

4. You should now be all set. I did notice that resetting the processor breaks the communication (maybe due to the PLL being set). 

0 Kudos
pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Lalith,

I suspect the problem with losing communication is caused by NoICE explicitly setting the communication speed.

USBDM should auto-detect frequency changes but it stops doing this if it is 'told' to use a particular frequency.  Do you have automatically re-connect selected on the USBDM dialogue?

You could also set the speed to zero (if NoICE accepts this) as that will also cause a re-connect.

bye

0 Kudos
pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Lalith,

I haven't used NoICE myself but I know a couple of people have used it previously - but with much older versions of USBDM.

The installer doesn't support it which is an oversight.

I have uploaded a separate Zip file to Sourceforge with what I believe would be the required files.  Could you try these and let me know what success you have?

bye

0 Kudos
lalithnarasimha
Contributor I

Thanks for the files, will try it and let you know how it goes.

0 Kudos