Can USBDM be used on FXTH87 TPMS Sensor?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can USBDM be used on FXTH87 TPMS Sensor?

Jump to solution
zhaowu
Contributor I

It seems that USBDM could support FXTH870911DT1, because there is FXTH87XX11 item in device selection. But when I try to program an S19 file, it says target is secured and mass erase is needed. And when I select EraseMass, it says program data not within target Flash Memory.

Chip detecting is successful. What should I do to program  FXTH87 with USBDM?

USBDM version: 4.10.6.240

USBDM driver version: 1.3.0 winx64

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Zhao,

Can you have a look at this thread which may explain the situation.

Re: Re: Fail to program FXTH87xx11 using USBDM

Basically the FXTH87 has to be programmed very 'carefully' to preserve the present contents of the chip and only change the user portion.

Your first error message is a bit surprising but the second is probably because you were programming the security section which the default FXTH87XX11 description prevents.  Unfortunately it doesn't prevent you from erasing it :smileyhappy:.

Let me know if the process described in the above link is not helpful in solving your problem.

bye.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Zhao,

Can you have a look at this thread which may explain the situation.

Re: Re: Fail to program FXTH87xx11 using USBDM

Basically the FXTH87 has to be programmed very 'carefully' to preserve the present contents of the chip and only change the user portion.

Your first error message is a bit surprising but the second is probably because you were programming the security section which the default FXTH87XX11 description prevents.  Unfortunately it doesn't prevent you from erasing it :smileyhappy:.

Let me know if the process described in the above link is not helpful in solving your problem.

bye.

0 Kudos
zhaowu
Contributor I

Thank you so much! It works!

0 Kudos