MavLINK Router & QGroundControl streaming

Landon_Haugh
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

A user (Pruthvi) from Hackster.io asked this question:

Hello Team,

I had few queries regarding the mavlink router configuration and gstream via
QGC.
1.Mavlink router configuration: I followed the steps as suggested in the nxp gitbook. It works well till sudo make install command. After this while configuring the router, the error shows no /etc/mavlink-router directory and am not able to add the main.conf file with the configuration details. So status shows problem with the connection. Could you please help on how to set the configuration? Anyone faced this issue?

Gstream via QGC: So, i tried to get the video stream from the coral camera to broadcast to QGC. I followed the procedure as explained. The pipeline starts but end without any stream on QGC.

Console output:
Pipeline is live and does not need PREROLL ...
Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...
New clock: GstSystemClock
ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstV4l2Src:v4l2src0: Failed to allocate required memory.
Additional debug info:
../../../git/sys/v4l2/gstv4l2src.c(660): gst_v4l2src_decide_allocation (): /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstV4l2Src:v4l2src0:
Buffer pool activation failed
Execution ended after 0:00:00.001627115
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Setting pipeline to READY ...
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline

Could anyone give some insights?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

GeraldP
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The issue with mavlink-router is that 'make install' does not create the config file under /etc/mavlink-router
Therefore this needs to be done manually. The instruction on gitbook https://nxp.gitbook.io/8mmnavq/user-guide/mavlink-specific-details/installing-mavlink-router has been updated meanwhile to cover that.

Spoiler

As of today the mavlink-router make install does not create the /etc/mavlink-router directory and main.conf file. Therefore please use the following commands to create the directory and file initially.

~$ sudo mkdir /etc/mavlink-router
~$ sudo touch /etc/mavlink-router/main.conf

0 Kudos