Contributor II

After source setup environment, i run:

bitbake imx-image-hovergames-demo -c populate_sdk

I got following errors:

pastedImage_2.png

And the i get:

pastedImage_1.png

UPDATE

Packages seems to be compiling, but at the end of the image building task, i have:

pastedImage_2.png

At the top it says," imx-image-hovergames-demo-20.04-r0 do_populate_sdk: Could not invoke dnf "

I suppose this has to do with the fact that the package manager is RPM?

pastedImage_3.png

What could be happenig?

Thanks in advance

1 Solution
Landon_Haugh
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Okay. I asked some colleagues and this was the response:

So he can do either 2 things.

don't use the demo image and use the normal Yocto image then he can use the Yocto populate sdk.

Or setup an Ubuntu 20.04 system (or docker) which has the crosstoolchain for aarch64
`populate_sdk` doesn't work with the demo image because it is an ubuntu 20.04 root filesystem. But this means that you can cross-develop on an x86-64 machine with ubuntu 20.04 installed if you have the aarch64 toolchain, which you can install from apt (the package is gcc-aarch64-linux-gnu).

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Landon_Haugh
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Fabian,

Would you mind telling us what your goal is? Are you just trying to build the hovergames-demo image? If so, you shouldn't need to run "populate_sdk". There is a guide in the Gitbook for building the demo image. Here's a link: https://nxp.gitbook.io/8mmnavq/navq-developer-guide/building-a-linux-image-for-navq 

If you have questions let us know!

fabianmpa019
Contributor II

Hi Landon,

My goal is to get a cross development environment. As i understand from i.MX Linux Users Guide Rev. L5.4.24_2.1.0, the cmd bitbake <image> -c populate_sdk, creates a .sh script which can install all the necessary libraries and headers for the image built in the host system.

Regards

0 Kudos
Landon_Haugh
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Okay. I asked some colleagues and this was the response:

So he can do either 2 things.

don't use the demo image and use the normal Yocto image then he can use the Yocto populate sdk.

Or setup an Ubuntu 20.04 system (or docker) which has the crosstoolchain for aarch64
`populate_sdk` doesn't work with the demo image because it is an ubuntu 20.04 root filesystem. But this means that you can cross-develop on an x86-64 machine with ubuntu 20.04 installed if you have the aarch64 toolchain, which you can install from apt (the package is gcc-aarch64-linux-gnu).