how can i select to 40MHz?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i select to 40MHz?

byeongjinkim
Contributor II

we use to up to 150 degree. so, i want to select to 40Mhz.

Can I select?

0 Kudos
5 Replies

dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Byeongjin Kim,

Can you be more specific please? Which processor family and which toolbox version are you trying to use?

Best regards,
Daniel

0 Kudos

byeongjinkim
Contributor II

I have motor control toolbox of ver 1.3 and using S12ZVMC128.

0 Kudos

dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi byeongjinkim

Presumably, if you own a package that is qualified for the 150deg C, then you should not have issues with the operating temperature.

Nonetheless, in case you want to change the frequency you can do that at your own risk by changing the clock registers from {Toolbox install path}mctbx_9s12zvm\mctbx_s12zvm\src\c_library\clk_init.c file.

Even if changing frequency is not supported by default within the toolbox you can modify your instance and based on Chip Reference Manual you could change the value the registers exposed by cmpu_s12zvm_init() function to achieve your goals.

Hope this helps!

Daniel

0 Kudos

byeongjinkim
Contributor II

if i change cpu frequency, i think not operating other block.

example, CAN configuration block.

it is parameter set at 50Mhz.

Isn't it going to be updated on hotfix?

0 Kudos

dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi byeongjinkim

Indeed, you are right. Some blocks might not work correctly or might need to be updated after such change.

Our hot fix policy is in general applicable for toolbox defects/issues that in general consists in a few files that needs to be updated.

Now, this is more like a feature request - still our team will have a look into it as if we can do a patch for it. 

I'll keep you updated. 

Thanks for your understanding!

Best regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos