cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

freemaster tool

pabloprieto
Contributor I
Hi

I am working with the MCToolbox for the MPC567xK, and I am having connection problems between the freemaster software and the evalboard with the CAN interface.

Any idea to solve this problem? Is this interface working in this version?
BR 
Pablo
0 Kudos
5 Replies

igorreal
Contributor I

Dear Radu,

Thank you for your prompt response. Now we have it working.
The issue was having the Simulink CAN Init block in the code initializing the same port. When I removed it, it started to work. We expected to have FreeMASTER + our code sharing the same port as it seems one ID is used only for FreeMaster.

It seems you cannot use the CAN Bus port anymore if FreeMASTER is enabled which it´s a pitty. Do you know anything about it?

Regards,

Igor

0 Kudos

raduivan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Igor,

The FreeMASTER uses the CAN resources in 'pooling mode' so is not recommended to use the CAN bus for other communication.

Regards,

Radu

0 Kudos

raduivan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Pablo,

What version of FreeMASTER do you use? For example the 1.3 release which is included in MCToolbox can be used only with the following adapters:

Supported Hardware
------------------
The plug in was tested with the following CAN interfaces:
- Vector Informatik CANcardX PCMCIA card
- Vector Informatik CANcardXL PCMCIA card
- Vector Informatik CANcaseXL
- IXXAT USB-to-CAN compact device
- National Instruments NI PCMCIA-CAN/2 card

Regards,

Radu

0 Kudos

igorreal
Contributor I

Dear @Radu-marian Ivan,

Thank you for your reply. We are testing on both versions 1.3 and 2.0 of FreeMASTER.

Let me explain:

- Hardware: MCP5675KF

- CAN device: NI USB 8473 . Is not compatible?

- FreeMASTER: 2.0 (we have tested on 1.3 too)

- Matlab 2012b + Motor Control Toobox + Compiler Diab

From the uC side, the Freemaster is configured in the KMC config block in CAN1 at 500 Kbps.

From FreeMASTER side, the options menu inside Comm tab, the plug-in CAN Driver is NICAN NICANMSC 2.6.3.

We have sniffered the bus and we can observe when we click on Test Connection button, the message ID:0x7AAh is sent with Data= 7A C0 40 but always we obtain a response timeout pop up.

We guess the FreeMASTER side is ok, isn´t it? Maybe if I know the response msg, I can replicate it to ensure the FreeMASTER side is working fine with the NI USB Hardware.

Any idea what can be happening from the uC side? Is anything we have to keep in mind to config correctly in our Simulink app to have the FreeMASTER running?

Is any example for this uC which we can upload to test everything works from the PC side running with FreeMASTER + NI USB 8473? (Ideally in Simulink although in C ready to be uploaded will work too for this double check).

Thank you very much for your support,

Best Regards,

Igor

0 Kudos

raduivan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Igor,

I recommend you to use the FreeMASTER version included in the Toolbox which is 1.3. As an example you can update the ADC_PIT_block_257MAPBGA.mdl demo to use CAN as FM interface and open the ADC_PIT_block_257MAPBGA.pmp with version 1.3. Regarding the CAN adapter you used, is not one of the devices that we tested so I can say if is compatible or not. What project did you used until now?

Best regards,

Radu

0 Kudos