cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eDMA block parameters

juliana_rojas30
Contributor III

Hello everybody!

I need a bit of help for including DMA in my model.

I have a CAN transmission system. I want to include a DMA, and I found the blocks in the library. I have a couple a questions about how to configure the parameters of the eDMA send block.

I am not quite sure what to put in the Source and Destination List.

Since I receive several messages over CAN 1 and send them over CAN 2, how can I know which memory address specify in here? I tried looking for the peripherals in the "Destination List Register Select" tab. But they never appeared here. 

Any clue where to begin with this?

Kind regards,

Juliana.

0 Kudos
6 Replies

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @juliana_rojas30 ,

Can you type a 'ver' command in the Matlab environment and send me the output related with Model-Based Design Toolbox? DO you have a MBD Config block in the model? Can you send me your model?

Hope this helps,

Marius

0 Kudos

juliana_rojas30
Contributor III

Sure @mariuslucianand , here it is. 

juliana_rojas30_1-1600254311526.png

And attached is the model. 

The model I am currently working on is just a simple test for making the DMA work with CAN. So it's only the CAN configure blocks and the DMA blocks. I am trying to receive the signal over CAN 0 and sending them back over CAN 1. And that's why I am using those addresses in the block.

I have a question regarding the scatter/gather transfer block (In the model PruebaDMA_SG). I tried to implement it but it doesn't work..I'm not sure which register and offset to use (in the Source/Destination List Register). I put the ones I think correspond to the MB5, so that's why I have those valies in the source register.

0 Kudos

juliana_rojas30
Contributor III

Hello @mariuslucianand ,

Any update in this? 

Thanks.

0 Kudos

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @juliana_rojas30 ,

I can't reproduce the opening block issue in my PC, but from your last message, I can see that you are running the S32K 4.1.0. Can you please update to our last S32K 4.2.0. Maybe this will solve the opening block issue.

Hope this helps,

Marius

0 Kudos

juliana_rojas30
Contributor III

Hi @mariuslucianand ,

The problem with the error is solved.. thanks! Now my issue is regarding which register/direction to use in order to fill the parameters in the eDMA send block. 

I tried the directions from the S32K1xx_Memory_Map but they didn't work.

juliana_rojas30_0-1600427379226.png

And since I am going to use perihperals, I tried filling the data requested in the Register List tab, but I am not sure what to put in the register and offset spaces.

juliana_rojas30_0-1600427046129.png

I am receiving data over CAN0, I tried the RXIMR0 because I thought it would be for receiving on the MB0, but apparently it is not like this. Can you tell me what is wrong?

Thanks again! 

0 Kudos

juliana_rojas30
Contributor III

Also, everytime I try to load and configure the DMA block, I get this error message:

juliana_rojas30_0-1600248837326.png

Maybe this is where is the issue that doesn't let me find the peripheral to configure it. Any idea how to fix this?

P.D.: I don't know if it helps but this is how my devices folder looks like:

juliana_rojas30_1-1600248963619.png

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Juliana.

0 Kudos