cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

code generated by MBDtool not executed on MPC5744P devkit

m15871781742
Contributor II

Hello all,

I recently purchased a MPC5744P DEVKIT from NXP and received the Rev E. I flashed the bootloader with the the new RBF file . 

However, my devkit is behaving wierdly now.I came across the following scenarios:

1) When i flash the devkit using Simulink, the flashing is successful. (i say successful because it shows all the steps in RAppID: erasing, and flashing percentage etc.). After flashing is complete, the code does not execute. I tried flashing the simple simlpe LED blinking example provided by NXP, but even that flashes successfully but does not execute.

2) When i import the code generated by Simulink for the LED blinking example in the S32 design studio (using XML import), build the project, and use the debug mode, even then the code flashes but does not execute.

3) When i open the S32 Design Studio LED blinking example, build the project and then flash it to the devkit, the flashing is successful and only then the code executes on the board.

I have tried the above three scenarios on two completely different computers and with freshly installed S32 Designed Studio and NXP MBD toolobx. 

Please let me know if anyone can help me fix this issue.

Thanks in advance

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello m15871781742@163.com‌,

I investigated this with a client and the problem seems to be from the actual clock configuration/crystal oscillator. Unfortunately, we can't reproduce this on our boards, all of them are working well.

Please try another S32SDK example, a PIT or an example which is using the external clock as well, because the gpio sdk example is using the internal clock.

Best Regards,

Marius

0 Kudos

m15871781742
Contributor II

hello,Marius.

Thanks for your reply.I have tried what you said.Flashing the PIT example from simulink. But the code still not executed on the board.

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please run an example of PIT form S32DS an SDK example, not an Simulink example.

Waiting for your response,

Marius

0 Kudos

m15871781742
Contributor II

hello,Marius.

I have tried the example of Hello_World_PLL_Interrupt_MPC5744P from S32DS, this example  can execute correctlly in MPC5744P.

however, the example from simulink can not execute in my board.

0 Kudos

constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello m15871781742@163.com,

I wanted to know if Hello_World_PLL_Interrupt_MPC5744P was a custom example made by you and if so, if you could share it with us.

Kind regards,

Razvan.

0 Kudos

raresvasile
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Can you specify the exact location where the application hangs?

Thanks,

Rares

0 Kudos

m15871781742
Contributor II

hello, Rares.

You mean the target memory model?I use the default target memory definitions.it is in the Flash

Thanks,

Shao Jianbo

0 Kudos

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thank you for testing that! Unfortunately, we did not solved this issue yet, but please tell me all the marks from the micro controller. For me is SPC5744PFMLQ9 1N15P QMZDR1913A mounted on the SCH-29333 REV E1  - 700-29333 REV A.

Please send me yours and I will ask this further.

Hope this helps,

Marius

0 Kudos