can I use the FOC code developed by NXP for the Linux motor to control another type of motor

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can I use the FOC code developed by NXP for the Linux motor to control another type of motor

Jump to solution
abderrahimjamao
Contributor III

Good morning all,
I have a question, please. I am working on brushless motor control and want to know if I can use the FOC code developed by NXP for the Linux motor to control another type of motor. do I have to modify the code to adapt it with my motor or is it a general code?

Tags (1)
1 Solution
dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

abderrahimjamaoui@gmail.com‌,

In general, if you only change the motor (i.e. Linix motor with another type of PMSM surface mount motor), you do not have to change the algorithm but you need to update the parameters of the motor and/or sensors.

Also, you need to retune the PI controllers for the new motor.

These are considered to be parameters for the FOC hence we can say that C-code does not change but the Data needs to be updated to have the motor running correctly.

Best regards,
Daniel

View solution in original post

4 Replies
dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

abderrahimjamaoui@gmail.com‌,

In general, if you only change the motor (i.e. Linix motor with another type of PMSM surface mount motor), you do not have to change the algorithm but you need to update the parameters of the motor and/or sensors.

Also, you need to retune the PI controllers for the new motor.

These are considered to be parameters for the FOC hence we can say that C-code does not change but the Data needs to be updated to have the motor running correctly.

Best regards,
Daniel

abderrahimjamao
Contributor III

ok, thank you so much. I don't understand how to retune the PI controllers for my motor.

0 Kudos
constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello abderrahimjamaoui@gmail.com,

I am not sure if you are referring to our models or other NXP code -- on this community we mainly handle topics regarding MATLAB/Simulink and our toolboxes. If you have specific questions regarding the examples we ship for FOC, adriantudor‌ can help with some answers.

Kind regards,

Razvan.

0 Kudos
abderrahimjamao
Contributor III

Thanks, I'm sorry to ask the question in this community. 

0 Kudos