cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to run PMSM Closed Loop Motor Control Example

rajarama_purani
Contributor I

Hello,
I am trying to run PMSM Closed Loop Control Example from S32 example, on S32K144 EVB and DEVKit MotorGD.
After building and downloading the code, on S32K144EVB I see Green LED is glowing. When I press SW2 or SW3 it tries to spin the motor during the LED flashes and motor spinning stops and screechy screechy sound starts. The LED turn green to blue. Could not find what could be the reason.

Whereas, I am able to load and run all other examples successfully(BLDC open/closed and PMSM open loop)

Can you please advise.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi rajarama.puranika@magna.com‌,

Can you please check the estimated speed? It is based on hall sensors transitions.

adriantudor‌,

Can you help Rajarama here ?

Thank you,
Daniel

0 Kudos

adriantudor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Rajarama Puranika,

Can you confirm that you switched jumpers J9, J10 and J11 (located on DEVKIT-MOTORGD) from position 2-3 to 1-2 ?

Thank you,

Adrian

0 Kudos

rajarama_purani
Contributor I

Hi Adrian,

Yes I see that jumpers J9, J10 and J11 at position 1-2.

Please note that for BLDC I did not change the jumper position and it ran successfully.

Thanks

Rajarama 

0 Kudos

adriantudor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Rajarama Puranika,

Please turn R72 (R72 is a white adjustable resistor, placed on DEVKIT-MOTORGD) counterclockwise at maximum, and on the same board, be sure that jumper J8 is open. 

Thank you, 

Adrian

0 Kudos

Sriram
Contributor IV

Hi , I have the same problem as above. When i run the pmsm closed loop example the motor rotates  back and forth and causes a screeching sound. i took out the J8 jumper and the J9 10 11 are in  1-2 position.

R 72 is also set to counterclock max. Is there any other thing i should change.

0 Kudos