Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support for MCTtoolbox for MATLAB 2017b and higher

Jump to solution
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Entered on behalf of customer raghurajappa‌. Please mention him in the asnwer. Thanks.

Hi,

Can you please let me know if the MPC5643L microcontroller's MCTtoolboxes will be updated to support MATLAB 2017b?

If yes, when??

1 Solution
raghurajappa
Contributor IV

Hi Daniel, Fixed the issue after getting a compatible compiler. :smileyhappy: So thank you for the advice. It was indeed a compiler version issue.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi raghurajappa‌,

Please install HotFix_1 from here: https://community.nxp.com/thread/467975 

That should enable the support for newer versions of MATLAB. 

For the moment we do not plan to release a newer version of the toolbox.

Best regards,
Daniel

0 Kudos
raghurajappa
Contributor IV

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for this information.
One other question (Lazy to open another ticket).. When can expect a toolbox support for MPC574xR series of controllers? An Approximate timeline is good enough. 

0 Kudos
dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi raghurajappa‌,

The current plan of intent of our team is to support the MPC574xR in Q2 2019 as part of the larger update that will include other MPC57xx products.

Best regards,

Daniel

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Daniel,

I'm re-sending the next question from the customer. Please mention him in the answer. Thanks.

Hi,

I fixed the issue (from the previous ticket/case) with the 2017b (hotfix was helpful). But after that, when I am trying to build my code, it throws an error for the gmake crt0 (in the attachment). I don't know how to solve the issue. I tried reinstalling the compiler, the RappID application. But nothing works. I keep getting the same error.

Hardware - MPC5643L
Compiler - GrennHills Multi v7.1.6
Simulink - 2017b

Please let me know if some information is missing. But I am totally stuck with this issue and unable to proceed.

Thank you.

https://nxp--c.eu4.content.force.com/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=00P5700002exjoa

0 Kudos
dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi raghurajappa

The toolbox has been tested (at release date) with the following compatible compiler toolchains. 

Compiler Support

The following compilers are supported and have been tested with the following releases.

Compiler Supported

Release Version

Green Hills MULTI for PowerPC

V5.1.7

WindRiver DIAB

V5.9

CodeWarrior Development Studio for Freescale MPC5xxx

V2.8

CW for MCU

V10.6

Since the toolbox has non been updated since then, our suggestion is to pick the versions suggested in the Release Note document.

Hope this helps!

Daniel

0 Kudos
raghurajappa
Contributor IV

Thank you Daniel. I will do so (change the compiler to a compatible one).
But in the meanwhile, could you please have a look at the log and also my environment variable and see if something unusual is happening? 

pastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos
dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The system variable is set correctly. The problem is with GHS toolchain that has changed the layout between versions. It would be helpful if you could pick up the same version used for validation. Newer versions of the GHS will require multiple changes in the toolbox in order to be supported including changing the code generation. Due to complexity of the change that is not a candidate for a hot-fix.

Thank you!
Daniel 

0 Kudos
raghurajappa
Contributor IV

Thank you Daniel. The issue I have is my Codewarrior compiler licenses have expired and I am unable to get an extension :smileysad: (I am not sure if you can help with this) If you can help me with this, I would be pleased to try Codewarrior. 
In the meanwhile, I made a request to GHS for the previous version. 
The same error for Codewarrior 2.8. 

pastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos
dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi raghurajappa‌,

Unfortunately, i can't help your the CodeWarrior licensing. It is not under my control.

Are you saying, you have tried with CW 2.8 and you got the same crt0 error ?

Best regards,
Daniel

0 Kudos
raghurajappa
Contributor IV

Hi Daniel, Fixed the issue after getting a compatible compiler. :smileyhappy: So thank you for the advice. It was indeed a compiler version issue.