cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulink External Mode for DEVKIT-MPC5744P

ssuyakov
Contributor II

Hello everyone,

I have question regarding Simulink External Mode for development board with MPC5744P. Is it possible to run External Mode on that? All what I was able to find, it's examples with SIL, PIL and also External Mode for  S32K148EVB, but nothing about that for EVKIT-MPC5744P. From example for  S32K148EVB, I've assumed that is necessary to chose transport layer and MEX-file arguments into External mode configuration block (see picture below), but in my case there is none. I'm not strong familiar with this type of setting and if somebody will be able to point me or provide some example, it would be great.  

I'm using Mathlab 2016b and below a screenshot with Code Generation/Interface settings. 

pastedImage_1.png

Labels (1)
9 Replies

constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello ssuyakov@tae.com‌, 

Unfortunately for MBDT MPC5744P v2.0.0 we don't have support for external mode - this feature was introduced in our latest release for S32K14x. We are currently working on a MPC574xP/B/C/G toolbox, which we will release mid-February 2019. In this release we will have support for both SIL and PIL, but probably not for external mode.

Kind regards,

Razvan.

0 Kudos

jfrey
Contributor IV

Can you give more information about the MPC574xP/B/C/G toolbox?

Is it going to support both the DEVKIT-MPC5744P and DEVKIT-MPC5748G?

0 Kudos

constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello jfrey‌,

Yes, it will support both MPC5744P and MPC5748G + other parts (15 derivatives in total). In this release, all the generated code will be based on P.A. SDK.

Feature-wise the toolbox will support same peripherals as MPC5744P v2.0 does, but moving toward the look&feel of the S32K14x toolbox (2018.R1 our latest so far) - e.g.: in the main configuration block, you can select the COM port from a list of connected devices, rather than you having to open Windows Device Manager and look for the COM number, then input it by hand.

If you have a question regarding a specific peripheral / other feature please ask here.

Kind regards,

Razvan.

0 Kudos

ykarata1
Contributor IV

Dear constantinrazvan.chivu

You have mentioned that MPC5744P DEV KIT will not have external mode support on the new releases. May we learn if not private, why MPC5744P does not support external mode while S32K1 supports. Is that because of some hardware issue or sth else. Also as engineers, we ran into some other difficulties on external mode for some other brand chips. Is that problem Matlab rooted?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello ykarata1@ford.com.tr ,

I can not speak for other companies, but on our side there is no hardware issue, just that we always make decisions regarding what gets done for a release  and what doesn't - and for MPC57xx family toolbox, external mode did not make the cut - not yet at least. It is on our radar, but for the moment we do not have a plan for our next update on this product. I will get back to you on this subject when I'll have more information to share.

Kind regards,

Razvan.

dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

constantinrazvan.chivu

Please add this request into our Jira backlog with a high priority. It will help to weight in the next feature set.

Thank you!

Daniel

ykarata1
Contributor IV

Dear constantinrazvan.chivu‌ and dumitru-daniel.popa‌,

Thanks for your interest and effort. 

I believe that will be a great tool. It gives great flexibility for application engineers. Some companies do not allow addition software setup such as Free Master.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos

constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello dumitru-daniel.popa , ykarata1@ford.com.tr ,

I have added this request in our backlog. Judging by the high interest shown for this feature it is likely to be part of our next release of the MPC57xx toolbox.

Kind regards,

Razvan.

jfrey
Contributor IV

Nope, I was just hoping that you were finally adding MPC5748G support and support for the other 57xx series.

0 Kudos