Seeking the download link for the simulink BMS example using NXP32K development board.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking the download link for the simulink BMS example using NXP32K development board.

Jump to solution
NPXLONG
Contributor III

Dear Sir/Madam, 

May I know, where can I download the existing BMS Simulink example? I have attached the screenshot.  I found the tutorial video  https://www.mathworks.com/videos/deploying-battery-management-system-algorithms-on-nxp-s32k-from-sim...from mathworks using NXP S32K plus the MC3377xB kits. 

As I am planning to purchase the hardware development kits to learn the BMS. I wishing if someone can let me know the related resources and the existing simulink example that I am looking for. 

Thanks for someone if can provide your input and approaches on the above questions. Thanks.

Regards,
John 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @NPXLONG ,

I am glad that you are interested in our models.

Actually one of the previous versions of the model that you requested comes already with our toolbox.

You have to go to the location where the toolbox is installed, {S32K Toolbox location}\S32_Examples\s32k14x\bms\bms_mc33772b_spi_s32k

Here you will find a Matlab Project containing the project you've seen in the webinar.

To find the toolbox install location, please run the following command mbd_find_s32k_root in Matlab.

Hope this helps,

Marius

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @NPXLONG ,

I am glad that you are interested in our models.

Actually one of the previous versions of the model that you requested comes already with our toolbox.

You have to go to the location where the toolbox is installed, {S32K Toolbox location}\S32_Examples\s32k14x\bms\bms_mc33772b_spi_s32k

Here you will find a Matlab Project containing the project you've seen in the webinar.

To find the toolbox install location, please run the following command mbd_find_s32k_root in Matlab.

Hope this helps,

Marius

0 Kudos
NPXLONG
Contributor III

Hi Mariuslucianand,

Thanks for your replying my question. I found the BMS simulink example according to the folder path as you mentioned. I was trying to verify MBD Toolbox License by using the license.dat which generated from the "generate licenses" portal. However, I cannot successfully to verify this step 2 and appearing some of the errors, please see my attached. But in Simulink I can see the NXP S32K package modules are place on the "library browser". I was wondering to verify the license MBD toolbox license does it important? 

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

John

0 Kudos
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @NPXLONG ,

You can access the blocks, edit models, but  you won't be able to generate code without license.

The license should be copied in the lic folder from the s32K Add-on location. To find that location, you can type in Matlab the mbd_find_s32k_root command.

Also, consider changing the .dat extension to .lic

Hope this helps,

Marius

0 Kudos
NPXLONG
Contributor III

Hi Marius,

Thanks for your helping about this issues. I was downloading the .dat from the NXP Model-Based Design Toolbox for S32K1xx version 4.2.0. 

I copied the license.dat to the directory folder " ..........MathWorks\MATLAB Add-Ons\Toolboxes\NXP_MBDToolbox_S32K1xx\lic" and change the extension format to the license.lic.

However, I followed the instruction steps but the Simulink diagnostic viewer still failed to verify the MBD toolbox. My colleague also facing the same issues as I described above :(. I wish to solve up this problem and quickly purchase the BMS kits to try out the Simulink Model. 

Regards,

0 Kudos
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @NPXLONG 

In theory, both .lic and .dat file extensions should work. You can try to .lic back. However, make sure that you have provided the right Volume Serial Number. 

Can you please send me a screenshot with the Simulink error displayed when you want to build our models?

Regards,

Marius

0 Kudos
NPXLONG
Contributor III

Hi Marius,

See the above message, I was accidentally send out this and cannot remove 

0 Kudos
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

No worries.

Still looks like the Toolbox is unable to find the license file.

Can you please run the following command in Matlab and reply the output?

dir(fullfile(mbd_find_s32k_root, 'lic'))

Marius

0 Kudos
NPXLONG
Contributor III

Hi @mariuslucianand ,

I was trying to flash the S32K118 EVB based on MBDT.  However, before I started to use MBDT, I have practice how to use S32 arm studio to flash the S32K118 jumpstart firmware and freemaster to monitor the (ADC and led control) performance 1st. This ensures the S32K118 evaluation board has no communication issues and working nicely.

I tried a few MBDT S32K11X  called "GPIO_ISR_control_s32k11x"examples to perform (built and code generation) based on "embedded coder" in Matlab/Simulink. The target connection for download interface and openSDA drive have been properly set.  Anyway, I manage to generate the C-script and .ELF file has no issue, but I cannot successfully load the program to the S32K118 using Matlab/Simulink. I have implemented the same code generation method using other MCU such as TI C2000 and Arduino which working properly as expected.

After that, I keep trying on another example which called "flash_bam_download_s32k118" (See attached). But this required to load the "S32K118_Bootloader.rbf" which can be found "MBDTOOLBOX" -> "BOOTLOADER" -> "RBF_FILES" so I selected the " S32K118_S32DS..xxx.rbf".

I was trying to use the S32 Studio for ARM to flash the rbf file by selecting from the Tab lists "Flash from file" and enter to the flash configuration page to flash the .rbf. I suspected that did I applied the proper way to flash the rbf file to S32K118?

@mariuslucianand  I wish if you can provide some of the procedure on how to flash the bootloader based on this example "flash_bam_download_s32k118". Additionally, I also hope that to know on how to load the program code using embedded code for this example "GPIO_ISR_control_s32k11x".

I read through many article on the MBDT community but still cannot solved the issues yet.

I was placing an order last two days ago for the S32K144EVB+MC33771TPL/33772+14battemulator +6Battemulator. However, I really wish if I can familiar with more MBDT example and feature before my BMS hardware development kits arrive.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
NPXLONG
Contributor III

Hi Marius,

I have verified the license MBDT. I am still trying to perform the code generation, will let you whether it is working or not. Thanks for your helping!

Regards,

john

0 Kudos
NPXLONG
Contributor III

Hi Marius,

Thanks for your reply. I believe I have generated the license file using the correct serial number based on MBDT 4.2.0. I tried both of the .dat and .lic none of them are working.

Please see the screenshot regarding the errors.

0 Kudos