SVM Block in Automotive Math and Motor Control Library, No DC supply Voltage Input

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SVM Block in Automotive Math and Motor Control Library, No DC supply Voltage Input

abhishek_kumar1
Contributor IV

Hello

I have been going through the modules for PMSM motor Control : Module 7: Torque Control . In  this i came through a block which generates duty cycle for the PWM (as shown in red rectangle).

I want to feed in DC voltage while generating duty cycles. I can not understand how this block can be used without DC voltage supply. 

I could not find a parameter to define a constant DC supply voltage nor an input port. Am I missing something here?

Please provide your valuable input.

pastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies

dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi abhishek.kumar@chassisbrakes.com‌,

There is an AMMCLIB block called GMCLIB_ElimDcBusRip that can be used in front of the SVM block to compensate for the DC bus level.

pastedImage_1.png

By default the SVM will generate the reference voltages that are scaled in between 0-1 or (no voltage - DC bus voltage). 

If the output of the SVM is 1 then this can be translated as: "apply full DC bus voltage on the motor phase"

With the GMCLIB_ElimDcBusRip you can scale the voltage dynamically based on the ADC  readings of bus voltage. In case the voltage goes up/down - like during braking or acceleration regimes then you can easily compensate for that behavior.

You final schematic shall look like this:

pastedImage_1.png

An example of using this block can be found into: ...\NXP_MBDToolbox_S32K1xx\code\S32_Examples\common\gmclib folder

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Daniel

0 Kudos

abhishek_kumar1
Contributor IV

Dear dumitru-daniel.popa

I am using MPC544xP Library but I assume the Math Library works for this too.

1. I could not find help file (in MATLAB Help or on NXP website) on Automotive Math and Control Library set for MPC544xP. Is it possible to provide a documentation for blocks and what do the parameters means in the blocks?

For example what does "fltModIndex" in "GMCLIB_ElimDcBusRip_FLT", is not explained. 

2. Could you provide the full web link instead of  "..\NXP_MBDToolbox_S32K1xx\code\S32_Examples\common\gmclib".

Thank you for the help.

Kindest Regards

Abhishek

0 Kudos

dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello begsy

Keep in mind that MPC574xP is an older toolbox that will update in February 2019 in order to match the S32K toolbox capabilities, including MATLAB help and various blocks look&feel.

For the existing MPC574xP toolbox the AMMCLIB block is here:

pastedImage_1.png

The documentation can be found in the ...\mbdtbx_pnt\MCLIB_pnt\doc\MPC574XPMCLUG.pdf

FYI, the User Manual is also attached. Look at chapter 5.118.4 page 576

Best regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos