cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32k144 pmsm kit

aniket_bagade
Contributor III

dumitru-daniel.popa

1) I try to build push button controlled LED model using Simulink. code has been generated but there is an error which is shown below. it is showing access denied error.

### Created executable: gpio.mot
Generating S-record...
"C:\Users\puneae1\AppData\Roaming\MathWorks\MATLAB Add-Ons\Toolboxes\NXP_MBDToolbox_S32K1xx(3)\tools\gcc-6.3-arm32-eabi/bin/arm-none-eabi-objcopy" -O srec gpio.elf gpio.mot
Created S-record: gpio.mot
Building target all
*** Created executable: gpio.mot
### Successful completion of build procedure for model: gpio
COPY CATCH: Access is denied.
: >> C:\Users\puneae1\AppData\Roaming\MathWorks\MATLAB Add-Ons\Toolboxes\NXP_MBDToolbox_S32K1xx(3)\gpio_mbd_rtw\gpio.mot
Can't download the file to the board.
2) I also tried to accesing D drive(s32k-EVB(D)) but it shows access denied.
Capture.PNG
6 Replies

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello aniket.bagade@external.hella.com‌,

Do you have enough user permissions in order to access the mounted disk? I think there is a problem related with your local user rights, so you should contact your IT administrator. 

Until then, you can try flashing the board using the S32DS. You go to Flash from file, select the generated elf/mot and flash it on the board. Under Debugger tab you should see a recognised OpenSDA. This might work.

Hope this helps,

Marius

aniket_bagade
Contributor III

1)when I connect S32k144 EVB to my system it is showing as mass storage device.so my question is when i press build button in matlab then where exactly generated code is getting downloaded.do i require to take access for this external storage to flash code in EVB.

if i don't have access to this mass storage device then cant i flash code in to EVB

2) in QSG of EVB it has been said that kit comes with preloaded software toggling the RGBLED colours periodically between RED-GREEN-BLUE. but in my case only red LED is ON continuously, do i need to worry about this?

0 Kudos

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

1) pastedImage_1.png

Any model for S32K needs to contain an S32K Config Block. in the Target Connection, if you have the 'Download Code after Build' checked, then after the code has been generated and successfully built, it copies the .mot file to the OpenSDA  Drive Name selected. The screenshot shows which settings to be performed in order to get this functionality. You can always manually copy-paste the .mot file to the mounted disk  and the OpenSDA will program the board via JTAG.

Also, what was I suggested in my previous message was to try flashing the generated elf or mot using the S32DS, to see that the generated code works fine and to isolate the problem to the mounted disk.

2) Unfortunately I don't have a brand new board to test that. This should not be a problem. You should be able to flash your own code to that board and to get the desired functionality.

Hope this helps,

Marius

0 Kudos

aniket_bagade
Contributor III

HI Marius,

I try to flash generated try1.mot file from flash from file option in S32DS. I have encountered this error.

S32ds.PNG 

under debugger option I have done following setting

Capture2.PNG

0 Kudos

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The register message is not an issue right now. So I assume you have created an empty project for S32K144. The settings from this tab seems to be right and it seems to have access to the OpenSDA. 

From the error message you have, it looks like it is not able to access access gdb. 

To see if all the project settings are performed right, please import a project from SDK and try debugging that. Please go in S32DS to File -> New ->  Create S32DS Project from Example and try flash that.

pastedImage_1.png

If this works, on the same project you can change the elf with the one generated from Matlab.

Hope this helps,

Marius

aniket_bagade
Contributor III

Hi Marius

its working!

Thank you.

0 Kudos