cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K144 no serial communication through USB

Jump to solution
stefan130293
Contributor I

I am using Simulink to program a S32K144 evaluation board. I followed the motor control example and in that example they use FreeMaster to plot and show data/signals from the board. So i followd the tutorial/example correctly and the software is downloaded to the board. Than I have to select the .elf file and select the COM port. But no COM port is available. So I looked at the Device manager and i noticed the small "!" sign. 

pastedImage_1.png

I than thoughed that there was something wrong with the model so I downloaded the external mode model and had the exact same results. 

So it seems that the driver is not working. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

FYI:  I am using windows 10.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The PEmicro driver comes with S32 Design Studio, and it might be a good tool to install anyways. You can use it for debugging purposes, importing and modifying the project generated by our toolbox, etc.

Hope this helps,

Razvan.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello stefan130293‌,

You might not have the PEmicro driver installed - that would be my guess. The fix is simple: download and install that driver. 

Kind regards,

Razvan.

0 Kudos
constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The PEmicro driver comes with S32 Design Studio, and it might be a good tool to install anyways. You can use it for debugging purposes, importing and modifying the project generated by our toolbox, etc.

Hope this helps,

Razvan.

0 Kudos
stefan130293
Contributor I

Yep thank you it is working now.

0 Kudos
constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello stefan130293‌,

Happy it works; I wanted to add one more thing: as I said, you can import the project automatically into S32 Design Studio, but you'll have to enable the 'Generate S32 Design Studio ProjectInfo.xml file' checkbox from the main config block, in the Build Toolchain. Note: this is available only for the GCC compiler.

For you to import the project into Design Studio, you'll have to go to Import-> S32 Design Studi -> ProjectInfo.xml Importer -> Select the .xml -> Select ARM32 Executable ARM Bare-Metal 32-bit Target Binary Toolchain (if you've compiled it with gcc6.3) or ARM32 Executable Standard S32DS toolchain for ARM (if you've compiled it with gcc4.9).

Kind regards,

Razvan.

0 Kudos