cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K144 EVB problem with flashing programs

liu_madeon
Contributor III

Hi all,

I fail on the Simulink model generate a mot file to opensda virtual mass disk then blink 8 times repeat.

https://community.nxp.com/message/1284199?commentID=1284199#comment-1284199 

1. Make sure that the controller is powered up, all the jumpers are in their right place.

2. Flash the mot or an s32SDK example using S32DS.

3. If 2 is successfully, then try the indication from here HOWTO: Update OpenSDA Firmware on EVB , basically updating the OpenSDA firmware.

I checked 1. 2. and executed 3. successfully.

follow this topic 

then try again putting mot file into virtual mass disk then keep led blink 8 times to repeat,

and show

ERROR  8195

Does any possibility to solve this issue??

Thank you

reference:

HOWTO: Update OpenSDA Firmware on EVB 

Simulink Freezes With Build Command 

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/OPENSDAUG.pdf 

Flash .mot (or .elf) file to S32K144 without building in simulink 

Tags (3)
8 Replies

liu_madeon
Contributor III

Hi mariuslucianandrei,

sorry I forgot to attach mot file,

I upload it now. Thank you

0 Kudos

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello liu.madeon@inventec.com‌,

I was able to successfully flash the generated code on my S32K144EVB board via OpenSDA, so I assume something is wrong with your board. If reflashing the OpenSDA firmware is still not solves the problem, consider writing to Pemicro related to the error you are encountering.

Hope this helps,

Marius

liu_madeon
Contributor III

Got it, Thank you

0 Kudos

liu_madeon
Contributor III

Hi, mariuslucianandrei

Thanks your reply,

1. I check out the J104 on 2-3 and J107 on 2-3 again at right way.

2. here is MCU setup  

3. I reflash the elf to mcu through opensda with hello project in s32ds example is works.(is same works with Multilink flash tool)

still put the mot file in opensda mass storage is 8 times blinking repeat.

0 Kudos

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Well at least we know that the controller is up and running :smileygrin:

Now, since you flashed a model using OpenSDA as JTAG, I would try to reflash the bootloader on OpenSDA. Maybe it helps. If not, try contacting OpenSDA directly, maybe they know the code error you are encountering.

We can also try sending your generated code (mot) to me and I will test it on my board, or instead of flashing the hello world application, try flashing the generated .elf file of your project using S32DS, in order to be sure that is not from the generated code.

Hope this helps,

Marius

0 Kudos

liu_madeon
Contributor III

Hi mariuslucianandrei

Thanks for your reply,

like the first post I say, after check firmware flash to MCU through SWD with muiltilink , I reflash the bootloader and application on opensda successfully, and paste the mot file in opensda mass storage is still failed.

OK I am going to pass the question to PEmicro. Thank you.

BRs

Madeon Liu

0 Kudos

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi liu.madeon@inventec.com‌,

Let's check the generated code on my board. Please just generate any NXP example from Toolbox, a gpio example would be great, and attach the .mot here. I will try to flash it on my board over OpenSDA.

Regards,

Marius

0 Kudos

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If you have already tried the above suggestions and the jumpers are in the right positions (you can check them in https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/quick-reference-guide/S32K144EVB-QSG.pdf @ page 5) you can more try the following:

1. Make sure the target in the Simulink model Config Block is S32K144 and not any controller and the flash size is the right one.

2. You can try to flash a blinking LED or even the generated elf file of your project, but using the S32 Design Studio because it will use directly the OpenSDA as JTAG.

Hope this helps,

Marius

0 Kudos