cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K144 CAN Simulink query

michaelliang1
Contributor I

I have some questions about Model Based Design Toolbox for S32K Series :

1.Why FCAN_Receive block doesn't have any output ports? How could I get data output?

2.What's function about FCAN_Isr block?I couldn't find any instruction or intro about FCAN_Isr.

3.What is difference about MCD and MBD?

2 Replies

rathi_tg
Contributor III

Hello @dumitru-daniel_ 

Thanks for such a brief Explanation.

I am currently using MATLAB NXP Toolbox for S32k144 and trying to configure CAN 2 but i am unable to get the data.

CAN 0 seems to work fine. I am using External CAN Drivers to Test CAN 2.

I have Raised my query over

https://community.nxp.com/t5/S32K/can2-not-work-for-s32k144/m-p/765234

Could you please let me know the possible reason for the same?

Regards

Gopal Rathi

0 Kudos

dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @Yunfeng Liang

Thank you for your interest in S32K Model-Based Design Toolbox.

1.Why FCAN_Receive block doesn't have any output ports? How could I get data output?

The FCAN Receive block allows you to use 2 modes of operations:

• Transfer Mode: Non-blocking
  • Transfer Mode: Blocking

Depending on the selection within the mask the block is updated to reflect it's status:

pastedImage_3.png

If might show up with or without the data output ports:

pastedImage_5.png

If you check the MATLAB help associated with the block you will learn more when to use one mode or the other.

pastedImage_6.png

2.What's function about FCAN_Isr block?I couldn't find any instruction or intro about FCAN_Isr.

Which toolbox version are you using? 1.0.0, 2.0.0, 3.0.0 or the latest 2018.R1 ?

Here is a capture from the latest version 2018.R1

pastedImage_9.png

3.What is difference about MCD and MBD?

That is a long story. MCD stands for Motor Control Toolbox and is the old naming convention used for all NXP/Freescale Matlab releated toolboxes that were release up until the fall of 2016.

Starting with October 2016 the official name of the toolbox has been changed into Model-Based Design (MBD)

The change is somehow logic since the MCD was focusing on supporting only the Motor Control related peripherals while the MBD brings a more holistic approach and tries to enable all MCU peripherals into the world of Matlab/Simulink.

Hope this helps!

Daniel