cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K UART CTS,RTS Pin settings

p_a_u_darshana
Contributor III

Hi,

I want to use UART in my project. But I don't want to use CTS,RTS  pins just because the other side does not have those type pins to connect with them. 

The problem is that I can not disable it in "LPUART_Config" block. Is there any other way to disable those pins and only use Rx, Tx pins ?

I also know that I can use FlexIO UART instead of LPUART but  in my project we have to use 2 UARTs.  Is it possible to use two FlexIO UART in S32K144?

s32k 144‌  model-based desing‌

Labels (1)
3 Replies

constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello p.a.u.darshana@gmail.com,

In the current release unfortunately you don't have the option of not selecting any pin for CTS and RTS -- if you don't want to initialize those pins under no circumstance (maybe your design does not allow you to you any of available pins for CTS and RTS), you should use the FlexIO blocks for UART. You can use 2 instances to make your UART with FlexIO.

However, if your project does not have constraint on all available CTS and RTS pins, you could enable them and just don't use -- this is a workaround until our next release for S32K1xx (which will be available later later next month).

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Razvan.

p_a_u_darshana
Contributor III

Really appreciate the fast response.

In my project, it does not have constraint on all available CTS and RTS pins. So I am free to use them in S32K MCU even though in other side(in sensor IC) does not have any available port to connect.

So I will just enable CTS and RTS in UART black and will not use them.

By the way do I have to change the "LPUART Modem IrDA Register (MODIR)" register settings of UART to use this in this way?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello p.a.u.darshana@gmail.com ,

Good to hear that you don't have constraints on those pins and can enable them.

To answer your other question, you can use the UART blocks without changing anything else -- so no need to manually write to the MODIR.

Kind regards,

Razvan.