cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32DS for power of matlab API

eautopower
Contributor IV

There is a question about the S32DS matlab API:

use the API,how to import the project configure file,and where is the MPC5744P project configure  file?

0 Kudos
5 Replies

dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi eautopower‌,

I do not think we can make it works as you plan for using it.

The MBDT Toolbox does not creates eclipse projects (there is no .cproject/.project nor additional files for .setting/.launch) therefore you can't use the eclipse API to open the generated projects.

Instead, we are using a simple mechanism for generating xml file with the file descriptions and then use the S32DS capability to create projects based on that simple description. 

To be able to use this capability you need to install this patch: https://community.nxp.com/thread/451804#comment-925214 since the option was added on request after the MBDT release.

Hope this will resolve your issue.

Thank you!

Daniel

0 Kudos

constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello eautopower‌,

In order to import your MPC5744P project into S32 Design Studio you must first build your model. A file named ProjectInfo.xml will be generated into <model_name>_rtw folder.

Now for the Design Studio part you'll have to do the following:

Import -> ProjectInfo.xml Importer -> Next -> Browse -> Select ProjectInfo.xml file generated at build -> Open -> Finish

I've imported the dma example in the pictures below:

pastedImage_1.jpg

pastedImage_2.jpg

pastedImage_1.jpg

Let us know if you encounter any other problems.

Hope this helps,

Razvan

0 Kudos

eautopower
Contributor IV

hello:

thanks for you  reply,I use the  MATLAB API of eclipseide,and I can't find the projectinfo.xml file:

无标题.gif

Could you tell me  the eclipseid API use process ?

0 Kudos

constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello eautopower‌,

I am not sure what you are referring to, I thought you were talking about a project generated with our toolbox (Model-Based Design Toolbox for MPC574xP). If you want to try it out, it is a free MATLAB/Simulink add-on you can download from here. It covers most functionality of MPC5744P - there are examples that you can open and just build&download (with 1 click) to the board. If you use the gcc compiler, the ProjectInfo.xml will also be generated so you can easily import that project into S32 Design Studio.

You can check out this lecture for a brief introduction - how to install the toolbox, how to generate the license, etc.

Hope this helps,

Razvan.

0 Kudos

eautopower
Contributor IV

hello:

I mean when I use the eclipseide API open the 'JHTEST12015a1'  project:

无标题1.jpg 

and there is a difference from the project I manually imported:

无标题.jpg

the 'JHTEST12015a1' Project can't be built:

无标题7.png

Comparison of two projects:

无标题2.jpg

the 'JHTEST12015a1\.setting' is nothing:

无标题3.jpg

无标题4.jpg

无标题5.jpg

How does use API function to import the project to be compiled as well as the manual import project?

0 Kudos