cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: MC33772B EVB Data reading issue

parveez
Contributor I

Hi @TomasVaverka 

I am using MBDT for S32k1xx. I had it working correctly but after the changing the S32k144 it is not reading correctly. 

0 Kudos
8 Replies

parveez
Contributor I

Hi @mariuslucianand 

I have just replaced the S32K144 EVB, because I either damaged or bricked the previous one and not able to fix it. 

Model, Freemaster file, and other HW remain the same. I have used the raw values block and the status of this block is 12. 

0 Kudos

parveez
Contributor I

@mariuslucianand 

And the status of the MC3377xB get values block is 5 always. Which means wrong CRC, correct? 

0 Kudos

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @parveez ,

Can you please provide us more details regarding the changes you've made?

Regards,

Marius

0 Kudos

parveez
Contributor I

Hi, 

I have been working with MC33772B for 2-3 months now for testing BMS algorithms. I ran into a few problems now, the voltage reading at the pins and battery cells doesn't match with the Freemaster reading.

I have checked the FreeMaster variable settings and everything looks fine. I also monitored raw values and it looks like raw values are incorrect. 

Below is the voltage reading for 6 cells. 

parveez_0-1604692337088.png

Here are the raw values for 6 cell voltages and status

parveez_1-1604692396661.png

The actual pack voltage is 17V and individual cells have approx 3V but the raw value of 6 here is 0. 

Also, I have noticed that the values start updating very slow after the microcontroller is reset. Even the pack voltage goes up to 13-14V (which is still not correct as the actual voltage even at the board is 17V). The same setup was working correctly previously. However, I replaced the S32k144EVB now as my old one is bricked and I am not able to fix it. 

Here is the screenshot of voltage going up after 5-8 mins: Still the values read for cell 1 and cell 2 are incorrect. The other cell voltages are close to actual. 

parveez_2-1604692872372.png

Can someone help me debug where the problem is? 

Thanks!

0 Kudos

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @parveez ,

It's odd that just by replacing the S32K144EVB to encounter such issues. Can you please send me your Simulink model, alongside with the generated code folder to have a look on it? You can send it to me in private to keep the confidentially. 

Regarding the bricked board, can you please describe its behavior? Maybe we can help you to bring it back to life.

Regards,

Marius

0 Kudos

parveez
Contributor I

@mariuslucianand 

I have used the example BMS project provided by MDBT Toolbox along with the BMS_Software_NXP.pmpx 

Even then I read incorrect cell and pack voltage measurements. Each of the cell voltage is approx 3.5V. 

parveez_0-1604935590251.png

I have attached the generated code for the example model. 

And about the bricked MCU. I have already posted here: https://community.nxp.com/t5/S32K/How-to-unbrick-S32k144-using-PEmicro/m-p/1178657#M8704

And here: https://community.nxp.com/t5/S32-Design-Studio/I-can-not-program-S32K144-EVB/m-p/1178039#M6978

Thanks

0 Kudos

parveez
Contributor I

@mariuslucianand 

I wanted to mention this weird behaviour in voltage measurement. I am getting correct voltage measurement after I leave the setup and Freemaster running for about 5 mins. What I mean to say here is after approx 5 mins the voltages(cell and Pack) increase and reach to actual values.

But if I reset the mcu, the voltages drop back to low and start increasing and takes 5 mins to reach tot heir actual value. However, the multimeter reading at pins X1 on board is always read correctly. 

Here is the screenshot after 5 mins of starting the measurement. 

parveez_0-1604938185568.png

Here is the screenshot after mcu is reset without making any changes to SW/HW/cells/board: Just pressing reset on MCU S32k144 

parveez_1-1604938242272.png

I am not understanding why this behaviour is. I have done this multiple times while using previous MCU and never came across the behaviour in measurement. 

0 Kudos

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Rubeena,

Are you using the example project integrated in the BCC SW driver or MBDT for S32K1xx?

Best regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos