cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RappID Bootloader Utility for MBD Applications

ozenyavas
Contributor II

Hello, 

I have a question about using RappID Bootloader Utility for Model Based Design applications.

I have been following the steps for using the Model Based Design Toolbox for S12ZVM, and I have flashed the .rbf file through the CW IDE. For this, I was using a simple simulink model, S12ZVM_Simple_ADC_GPIO.slx as an example. After flashing the .rbf file, I clicked on build model button in simulink and the C code is generated, then a window appeared saying that the reset button on the microcontroller must be clicked. After this step; however, the RappID Bootloader prompt window did not appear and I received an error message saying "RAppID BL Configuration File Format Error: .rbl configuration file not found!". 

Then I followed the steps for configuring the RappID Bootloader Utility and by using the GUI of RappID BL, I tried to load the rbl file which is in the generated S12ZVM_Simple_ADC_GPIO_mcd_rtw folder; however, I received an error saying "RAppID BL Configuration File Format Error: Could not find a part of the path C:\Users\........\S12ZVM_Simple_ADC_GPIO_mcd_rtw\S12ZVM_Simple_ADC_GPIO.sx".

I could not understand the reason why I am receiving these errors. Could you please help me figure out what is the main cause behind this issue?

Thank you in advance!

Kind regards,

Ozen

0 Kudos
4 Replies

dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @Ozen Yavas,

I have been following the steps for using the Model Based Design Toolbox for S12ZVM, and I have flashed the .rbf file through the CW IDE.
  • The RBF file is the RAppID Boot Loader Flash Algorithm that is loaded initially in the MCU flash in order to be ready for receiving *files* over UART/CAN interfaces

Then I followed the steps for configuring the RappID Bootloader Utility and by using the GUI of RappID BL, I tried to load the rbl file which is in the generated S12ZVM_Simple_ADC_GPIO_mcd_rtw folder; 

• The RBL file is the RAppID Boot Loader configuration file that is used to configure the RAppID UI

In order to flash the Simulink generated application into the S12ZVM MCU flash memory you need to use the *.sx file. That is the application file that needs to be provided to the RAppID Boot Loader UI.

pastedImage_11.png

Can you confirm is working this way?

Thank you!

Daniel

0 Kudos

ozenyavas
Contributor II

Hello Daniel,

I have tried the method you told me as well, but this time I received another error: "CCP communication error". Please see it in the attached screenshot. 

Could you please help me understand the communication loss problem?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Ozen

CCP_communication_error.PNG

0 Kudos

brunotremblay
Contributor III

Hello Ozen Yavas,

I have the same problem with the transfer of a simple MBD example to a FRDM-KV31F board using RAppid BL. I had cycle power many time, but noting works. Did you found a fixe for this problem?

Regards,

Bruno

0 Kudos

ozenyavas
Contributor II

Dear Daniel,

Thank you very much for your reply and explanations! 

If I understand you correctly, in order to run the Simulink model, firstly I need to flash the .rbf file through CW IDE. After this, I should click on "build model" button in Simulink and generate the C code, and then in the generated folder, which is S12ZVM_Simple_ADC_GPIO_mcd_rtw in my case, I should flash the .sx application file through RAppID Bootloader Utility GUI. However, I still have some questions about the RAppID Bootloader Utility, and I am sorry if my question is a bit basic, but I am new to Model Based Design. I have watched the S12ZVM Training, and there as soon as the "build model" button was clicked on, the RAppID Bootloader Utility prompt window automatically appeared. Therefore, I am a bit confused. Could you please help me clarify, if normally the Simulink application file .sx is flashed automatically, but flashing .sx application file through the RAppID Bootloader Utiltiy GUI, is another method which is done manually? 

I have another additional question, which I have recently noticed for using the "MCD_MC9S12....._Config_Information" block in Simulink. In the "PIL and Download Config" section, the COM Port is by default set to 1. When the hardware is connected to my PC, the COM Port is 3 and when I wanted to set the COM Port to 3 and click OK button, it is automatically set back to 1. Could you please also help me clarify, if I am missing some steps to set the correct COM Port? 

Thank you in advance and I am looking forward to your reply.

Kind regards,

Ozen

0 Kudos