We are trying to use Read Register block in MBD for S32K144. But as we try to use, we get error that is depicted below.
Do you have any idea about the problem and possible solution way ?
Hello @ykarata1 ,
I tried adding both Read and Write blocks in a moel and it seems to work.
Now, the Toolbox displays those values based on some .mat files for each peripherals. It looks to me, that on your model, the block can not find all the .mat files required.
Can you access the following path to see if you have a bunch of mat files there?
Dear @mariuslucianand ,
I want to thank you for your detailed replies for any kind of MBD issue.
I used your advice to check whether related file exist in the directory. You can see the related figure at below. I can not any folder as S32K144. As far as I understand we need a file which name is ".mat" inside S32K144 in the related directory.
1. I could not see any S32K144 folder at the "C:\Users\ykarata1\AppData\Roaming\MathWorks\MATLAB Add-Ons\Toolboxes\NXP_MBDToolbox_S32K1xx\mbdtbx_s32k\devices\S32K146\signal_description" directory.
2. Are we looking a file that has no name with .mat ? Is any file can be nameless like that ?
3. If I do not have related folder and file, how can I add them ?
Hello @ykarata1 ,
I am glad that you find my contribution to this community useful! I really appreciate that!
Going to the mbdtbx_s32k/devices, you should be able to find the following folders:
Every one of these folders contains information related to the dropdown options showed inside the read/write blocks that you mentioned before.
If I open the S32K144, you can see that there are many files that have the extension .mat.
To answer your questions:
1. I am sorry, now I've realized what is happening there: Instead of looking in the devices\S32K144, the toolbox is looking inside the devices\S32K146\signal_description\S32K144 which obviously this folder is empty. Unfortunately, I can't figure out why is this happening...
2. No, there should be no file like that. Most likely the peripheral input in the Read_Register is empty and for that reason, it looks after a blank .mat file.
3. That's the tricky one :D. Can you please open the rw_registers_s32k14x.mdl example in our toolbox to see if you still encountering this issue? Is this only happens on your computer?
Waiting for your reply,