cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming the simulink generated code onto the hardware using JTAG

raghurajappa
Contributor IV

Hi,

I have created simulink models and generated C code too, for MPC5744L microcontroller which is connected to a daughter board and eventually to the XPC56XX B rev motherboard. This program is a simple LED + Button configuration.

Now the next step is to program this generated code directly onto the hardware to see the LED blink with button clicks. But I am stuck at this step because I could not find a step by step tutorial showing me how to program the hardware using the JTAG pins (I currently use a PLS-USB JTAG debugger). I could however find a video that shows how I can flash the code using FreeMaster and serial communication. But I intend to use the JTAG debugger and do not know how to integrate PLS software with Simulink such that the integration works seamelessly to program the generated code onto the hardware. 

Any help/suggestions is appreciated. 

Summary - I have MATLAB generated code and want to use the JTAG connection to program the hardware. I am stuck because i do not know how to do this (couldn't find a tutorial/step-by-step guide). 

Thank you :smileyhappy: 

0 Kudos
3 Replies

dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi raghurajappa‌,

Our RAppID_BL.exe application that is called of the end of the building process to write the elf into the target supports only UART or CAN interfaces. 

pastedImage_1.png

If none of the above are interface are missing from your board setup then you might be able to modify the mfile that calls the RAppID_BL.exe and instead of executing the NXP's application you may call your own IDE/utility/cmd tool that should take the elf and program if via the JTAG using your own probe into the target. That might work fine for your use case but for sure it will not works for PIL simulations since there is a much more complex communication protocol in place to communicate with the HW.

Hope this helps!

Daniel

0 Kudos

raghurajappa
Contributor IV

I am trying to install RappID_BL on my PC but I get "Error 1721". It has to do with the windows installer but I am not completely sure how to overcome the error. I will try to run this once I successfully install the software. Thank you for the answer though :smileyhappy: 

0 Kudos

paulvlase
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

RappID_BL is delivered with the Motor Control Toolbox for MPC564xL.

You can find it in C:\MCToolbox\rappid564xl\tools\BootLoader.

0 Kudos