Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROPER TOOL for Model Based Design

Jump to solution
ykarata1
Contributor IV

Dear All, I want to buy RD33771CNTREVM.

I want to download a program to microprocessor that is located in RD33771CNTREVM by using MATLAB Simulink model based design tools. Normally we connect our Microprocessor and computer via an USB cable to be able to download a program from Matlab Simukink. But here we do not have any USB connection on the EVM BOARD.Here what we have is just a JTAG connection (J1).

My questions are:

1. Can we download program by clicking "Build" button Simulink Model Based Design as we do in S32K144EVB ?

2. If yes, since there is not USB connection, how can we download it ?

3. If no, How can we load MATLAB Simulink generated code/program to microprocessor with a JTAG tool ?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @ykarata1 ,

1. For now, the MBDT Simulink option can only download code via OpenSDA or Serial Bootloader.

3. You can download the generated code in an extra step using the S32DS and a JTAG. You find can find the same discussion here https://community.nxp.com/t5/NXP-Model-Based-Design-Tools/Download-code-created-with-MBDT-for-S32K-t... 

But keep in mind that for now, the MBDT only supports the MC33771B and not ht eMC33771C family and can only be accomplished using Custom Code insertion. However, you can open a request to NXP to provide such support in MBDT toolbox.

Hope this helps,

Marius

View solution in original post

1 Reply
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @ykarata1 ,

1. For now, the MBDT Simulink option can only download code via OpenSDA or Serial Bootloader.

3. You can download the generated code in an extra step using the S32DS and a JTAG. You find can find the same discussion here https://community.nxp.com/t5/NXP-Model-Based-Design-Tools/Download-code-created-with-MBDT-for-S32K-t... 

But keep in mind that for now, the MBDT only supports the MC33771B and not ht eMC33771C family and can only be accomplished using Custom Code insertion. However, you can open a request to NXP to provide such support in MBDT toolbox.

Hope this helps,

Marius