PIT Build Error on DEVKIT-5744P('TIMER_LED_IN_A' undeclared (first use in this function))

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIT Build Error on DEVKIT-5744P('TIMER_LED_IN_A' undeclared (first use in this function))

fortunely
Contributor III

Does any one can help me?

I want to make a demo on DEVKIT-5744P, which a led's state can  toggle at 1s(1s light on, and then 1s light off) . But it can not  build successfully. It seems that my state A is not known by PIT ISR.

0.Error message

pit_ch1_isr.c: In function 'PIT_Ch1_ISR':
pit_ch1_isr.c:24:38: error: 'TIMER_LED_IN_A' undeclared (first use in this function)
TIMER_LED_DW.is_c1_TIMER_LED = TIMER_LED_IN_A;
^
pit_ch1_isr.c:24:38: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
pit_ch1_isr.c:29:40: error: 'TIMER_LED_IN_A1' undeclared (first use in this function)
TIMER_LED_DW.is_c1_TIMER_LED = TIMER_LED_IN_A1;
^
gmake: *** [pit_ch1_isr.o] Error 1
### Creating HTML report file TIMER_LED_codegen_rpt.html

pastedImage_12.png

1.Environment

EVB: DEVKIT-5744P

Reference demo : mbdtbx_MPC574xP\mbdtbx_pnt\Examples\eTimer_QD_pnt.mdl.

2.Settings

Figure1 System diagram

pastedImage_6.png

Figure2 PIT's Function Call Subsystem1

pastedImage_7.png

Figure3 State flow A and A1

pastedImage_8.png

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello fortunely‌,

Sorry for the late reply.

It seems to be a problem with the fact that the #define TIMER_LED_IN_A is in the <model_name>.c and used in  pit_ch1_isr.c. This last file does not include the #defines from any .c file. There is a quick fix for you to force the TIMER_LED_IN_A not to be used in pit_ch1_isr.c file. You'll have to:

- right click on the chart from Function-Call Subsystem 1, go to Block_Parameters

- from there, please go to Code Generation tab

- and select Nonreusable function 

In this way, Simulink Coder will generate a function call in pit_ch1_isr.c (something like TIMER_LED_Chart() ), that function being defined in <model_name>.c file.

Hope this helps,

Razvan.

0 Kudos

constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

This is the option I was talking about above^ . You can leave the rest options set to their default values, or even better, select 'Use subsystem name' for Function name options, so that the code generated is easier to read.

Capture.JPG

Hope this helps,

Razvan.

0 Kudos