cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIL simulation - multiple target patterns issue in generated makefile

nicolas_salazar
Contributor II

Hi, 

I'm using the latest S32K MBD Toolbox with the latest patch available (NXP_MBDToolbox_S32K1xx_4.1.0_patch_2.exe ).

I'm trying to run a PIL simulation of a referenced model configured with Top model code interface within a a test harness model. My referenced model generates code and builds without any problem. However, when I try to run a PIL simulation I get this error while calling into the PIL target connectivity implementation:

C:\rep\model\testmodel\testmodel_mbd_rtw\pil>"C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2019b\bin\win64\gmake" -f testmodel.mk COPY_MDLREF_INCLUDES=0 GENERATE_ERT_S_FUNCTION=0 INCLUDE_MDL_TERMINATE_FCN=1 COMBINE_OUTPUT_UPDATE_FCNS=1 MULTI_INSTANCE_CODE=0 INTEGER_CODE=0 ISPROTECTINGMODEL=NOTPROTECTING OPTS="-DPROFILING_DEFINE_UINT64_TIMER_TYPE -DCODER_ASSUMPTIONS_ENABLED=0 -DRTIOSTREAM_RX_BUFFER_BYTE_SIZE=128 -DRTIOSTREAM_TX_BUFFER_BYTE_SIZE=128 -DCODE_INSTRUMENTATION_ENABLED=1 -DMEM_UNIT_BYTES=1 -DMemUnit_T=uint8_T" testmodel.mk:649: *** multiple target patterns. Stop.

Can this be caused by a bug in the template makefile mbd_s32k.tmf?

Is there an extra configuration that I'm missing?

Thanks, 

Nicolas. 

4 Replies

ykarata1
Contributor IV

Dear All,

With our IT team, we have changed the directory that Matlab has located and our PIL has worked succesfully. I want to thank all of the contributors because I would not suspect from directory and this problem would take days from me. But I think NXP and MATLAB should handle that problem.

Thanks again.

SorinIBancila
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

I have to add that you need to remove the spaces from the Add-ons installation path too (you can see it in Preferences -> Matlab -> Add-ons).

Kindest regards,

Bancila Sorin

0 Kudos

paulvlase
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi nicolas.salazar@lightyear.one‌,

This is a known issue caused by how Matlab R2019b generates the makefile used to build the application.

The workaround is to install the Matlab to a path that doesn't contain spaces in it. Move Matlab from C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2019b to C:\MATLAB\R2019b.

You can copy/paste the MATLAB folder instead of installing Matlab again.

Regards,

Paul

ykarata1
Contributor IV

Dear All,

I guess I am facing with same issue. I think I could not be able to find the solution if I would not run into this community thread. Thanks for all contributors. Tomorrow, I will demand directory change of Matlab from IT deparment. According to result, I will write here.

Regards.

PIL_ERR.png

0 Kudos