Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIL Simulation Error

Jump to solution
alimeraj
Contributor IV

Hi,

I am trying to run one of motor control toolbox example code on MPC5744P but when ever i hit the play button I get the following error.

No method 'getComponentBuildInfoPath' with matching signature found for class 'pntpil.MakefileBuilder'.

can you please tell me what is the issue here.

Regards,

Ali

1 Solution
sundarnatarajan
Contributor II

Hi Daniel,

Thank you very much.. I am able to simulate. The problem is in serial communication.

Regards

Sundar

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
27 Replies
sundarnatarajan
Contributor II

Hi Paul,

As i am facing similar issue in Matlab2016b i am adding my question in this chain. I have created a sample model myself, when i do  run Tools > Freescale Model Based Design Toolbox for MPC574xP > To PIL Mode on MPC574xP it get an error which similar to above posted by ali. Will this patch solve this issue in Matlab2016b also. Your support is appreciated .

Error_Detail.PNG

0 Kudos
paulvlase
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi sundarnatarajan

Yes, it should fix that error in R2016b too.

0 Kudos
sundarnatarajan
Contributor II

Hi Paul,

As per your suggestion, mbdtbx_MPC574xP, MakefileBuilder.p hot fixes are applied and now the above issue is resolved. But when we run a model in PIL mode, below issue encountered.

Capture.PNG

Tools version used by me given below.

Matlab – 2016b

MBDToolBox – V2.0.0

S32 Design Studio – V1.2

We have also applied HotFix_1 to HotFix_6 as per below link, after that I have applied your hot fix.

https://community.nxp.com/thread/451804

I have attached my simple test model I have created to test PIL environment, but still face issue could please tell me what is the issue or am I missing some settings still.

0 Kudos
dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi sundarnatarajan‌,

Have you configured the serial communication correctly ? BTW, have you flashed the RBF file into the MCP5744P MCU ?

FYI, we have a video showing how to do PIL simulation on MPC5744P:  Video Link : 7845  This video is using the PIL example file shown here: https://community.nxp.com/thread/453726 

Please try to run the PIL_verification.slx to validate if your hardware setup is correct.

Hope this helps!

Daniel

sundarnatarajan
Contributor II

Hi Daniel,

Thank you very much.. I am able to simulate. The problem is in serial communication.

Regards

Sundar

0 Kudos
Contributor III

Hi Sundar,

Can you tell  me more details about the serial communication?because  when we run the example  model(lecture7) in PIL mode,I have the same problem.

Regards

YangJingCapture.PNG

0 Kudos
dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi alimeraj‌,

Can you tell us the example model you are trying to run ? 

My suggestion is to start from this example:

Motor Control Class: Lecture 7 - Commutation Algorithm 

There you have PIL setup video and also an example ready to run, attached.

0 Kudos
alimeraj
Contributor IV

Hi,

I am trying to me this example work, the only difference i have is that I am using diab compiler.

Regards,

Ali

0 Kudos
dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi alimeraj‌,

The DIAB compiler should be fine. Your problem is caused by Matlab changes in the PIL interfaces.

My colleague paulvlase is preparing a patch for you to enable the PIL working on 2014/2017 Matlab versions.

Stay tuned. Thank you!

Daniel

0 Kudos
alimeraj
Contributor IV

Hi Dumitru,

Thank you very much for the help.

Kind Regards,

Ali Meraj

0 Kudos
paulvlase
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi alimeraj‌,

Can you tell us which version of Matlab and NXP Motor Control toolbox you are using?

0 Kudos
alimeraj
Contributor IV

I am using V2.0 of Motor Control Toolbox

0 Kudos
paulvlase
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Model Based Design Toolbox (the old name is Motor Control Toolbox) version 2.0 doesn't support R2014b, we support only the last 4 releases of Matlab, R2015a to R2016b.

I will try to offer you a patch to make it work on R2014b, if the change is small.

0 Kudos
paulvlase
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hotfix For R2014b

Follow these steps:

1) Replace MBDToolbox\mbdtbx_MPC574xP\mbdtbx_pnt\mbdtbx_pnt\+pntpil\MakefileBuilder.p with the attached file.

2) From Configuration Parameters set Solver type to "Fixed-step" and Fixed-step size to "1".

3) Run in PIL_verification.mdl from menu Tools > Freescale Model Based Design Toolbox for MPC574xP > To PIL Mode on MPC574xP.

0 Kudos
alimeraj
Contributor IV

Thanks Paul, I will try this fix on 2014b tomorrow. I will update you as soon as I will test it.

thanks,

Ali

0 Kudos
alimeraj
Contributor IV

Hi Paul,

I have 2017a as well, which gives me a following error when i try to configure model for PIL.

pastedImage_1.png

I am able to use the Toolbox for normal peripherial and direclty download to processor from simulink with both matlab versions (2014b and 2017a) its only the PIL which is not working.

Regards,

Ali

paulvlase
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi alimeraj‌,

It works as expected on R2017a.

I think you opened the PIL_model and PIL_verificaiton models in R2014b, and after that in R2017a.

Try this:

1) Run in PIL_verification.mdl from menu Tools > Freescale Model Based Design Toolbox for MPC574xP > To PIL Mode on MPC574xP.

2) Use in R2017a the clean models from the Lecture7.zip archive.

0 Kudos
paulvlase
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @ali_meraj,

I can reproduce your problem in R2017a when I run in PIL_verification.mdl Tools > Freescale Model Based Design Toolbox for MPC574xP > To PIL Mode on MPC574xP.

Thank you for reporting this error. I will post a hotfix for this.

alimeraj
Contributor IV

Hi Paul,

Thanks for looking into 2017a issue.

Regards,

Ali

0 Kudos
paulvlase
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi alimeraj‌,

This is a hostfix to make the MBD Toolbox for MPC574xP run on R2017a.

Unzip it over theTOOLBOX_INSTALL_DIR. The default folder is C:\MBDToolbox\mbdtbx_MPC574xP .

Please try it and tell us if you have any problems.